Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: OLE Exel Financial Function Error


This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Oct 15, 2017 11:53 PM Last Post By: Robert Triest
Davide Amelio

Posts: 2
Registered: 11/9/08
OLE Exel Financial Function Error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 13, 2017 9:21 AM
Hello,
I'm trying to use Excel for doing some calculate, but everything work fine if I don't use financial function, because I alway get "OLE ERROR 800A03EC".
Please help me, i'm spending tons of hours...
here a tip code:

oSheet.Cells[3,1] := '='+FloatToStr( edVal.AsCurrency); // A3 : Finanziato
oSheet.Cells[8,2] := '=0'; // B8 : Spese
oSheet.Cells[3,3] := '=12'; // C3 : Durata
oSheet.Cells[15,3] := '=' + FloatToStr( edRata.AsCurrency * -1) ; // C15: Importo Rata ( al negativo )

oRng := oSheet.Range['K11:K11'];

// in English
oRng.Formula := '=EFFECT(RATE(C3;C15;A3-B8)*12;12)';

// or In Italian ( My Excel Version )
oRng.Formula := '=EFFETTIVO(TASSO(C3;C15;A3-B8)*12;12)';

if I USE other like.....WORKS!!!!
oRng.Formula := '=SUM(C3;C15;);

Any help will appreciate
Thanks

PS.
D2007 MSOffice2007

Peter Below

Posts: 1,227
Registered: 12/16/99
Re: OLE Exel Financial Function Error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 13, 2017 12:42 PM   in response to: Davide Amelio in response to: Davide Amelio
Davide Amelio wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to use Excel for doing some calculate, but everything work
fine if I don't use financial function, because I alway get "OLE
ERROR 800A03EC". Please help me, i'm spending tons of hours... here
a tip code:

oSheet.Cells[3,1] := '='+FloatToStr( edVal.AsCurrency); // A3 :
Finanziato oSheet.Cells[8,2] := '=0'; // B8 : Spese
oSheet.Cells[3,3] := '=12'; // C3 : Durata
oSheet.Cells[15,3] := '=' + FloatToStr( edRata.AsCurrency * -1) ;
// C15: Importo Rata ( al negativo )

oRng := oSheet.Range['K11:K11'];

// in English
oRng.Formula := '=EFFECT(RATE(C3;C15;A3-B8)*12;12)';

// or In Italian ( My Excel Version )
oRng.Formula := '=EFFETTIVO(TASSO(C3;C15;A3-B8)*12;12)';

if I USE other like.....WORKS!!!!
oRng.Formula := '=SUM(C3;C15;);

Any help will appreciate


Try to use the original english names for the functions instead of the
localized ones, that may work better.


--
Peter Below
TeamB

Davide Amelio

Posts: 2
Registered: 11/9/08
Re: OLE Exel Financial Function Error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 14, 2017 8:29 AM   in response to: Peter Below in response to: Peter Below
Thank for reply, but i did!
SOMMA() or SUM() both works, but no one of financtial works in any language!
What could be?

Peter Below wrote:
Davide Amelio wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to use Excel for doing some calculate, but everything work
fine if I don't use financial function, because I alway get "OLE
ERROR 800A03EC". Please help me, i'm spending tons of hours... here
a tip code:

oSheet.Cells[3,1] := '='+FloatToStr( edVal.AsCurrency); // A3 :
Finanziato oSheet.Cells[8,2] := '=0'; // B8 : Spese
oSheet.Cells[3,3] := '=12'; // C3 : Durata
oSheet.Cells[15,3] := '=' + FloatToStr( edRata.AsCurrency * -1) ;
// C15: Importo Rata ( al negativo )

oRng := oSheet.Range['K11:K11'];

// in English
oRng.Formula := '=EFFECT(RATE(C3;C15;A3-B8)*12;12)';

// or In Italian ( My Excel Version )
oRng.Formula := '=EFFETTIVO(TASSO(C3;C15;A3-B8)*12;12)';

if I USE other like.....WORKS!!!!
oRng.Formula := '=SUM(C3;C15;);

Any help will appreciate


Try to use the original english names for the functions instead of the
localized ones, that may work better.


--
Peter Below
TeamB

Peter Below

Posts: 1,227
Registered: 12/16/99
Re: OLE Exel Financial Function Error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 14, 2017 9:10 AM   in response to: Davide Amelio in response to: Davide Amelio
Davide Amelio wrote:

Thank for reply, but i did!
SOMMA() or SUM() both works, but no one of financtial works in any
language! What could be?

No idea, sorry. I have never worked with that part of Excel.

--
Peter Below
TeamB
Robert Triest

Posts: 687
Registered: 3/24/05
Re: OLE Exel Financial Function Error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 15, 2017 11:53 PM   in response to: Davide Amelio in response to: Davide Amelio
You can do some macro recording inside Excel and see what the outcome is in the source of the recording..
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02