Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Remote FireMonkey Consultant Needed

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Oct 15, 2017 11:06 PM Last Post By: Md. Shariful Al... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Don Jump

Remote FireMonkey Consultant Needed
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 18, 2017 11:02 AM
We've been using Delphi for quite some time for our legacy Inventory / Point-of-Sale system (ever since Delphi first came out). We are preparing to utilize Firemonkey to roll out a mobile version of our app, with limited features, for iOS and Android.

Unfortunately we are finding it very difficult to find a Firemonkey consultant with our expertise needs. The only FMX consultants I've found so far are based around games and entertainment, while our app is quite the opposite.

A fancy GUI is not important - but workflow and stability are critical. We already have a REST/JSON API around our software, which we are constantly expanding, as well as a multi-threaded Delphi wrapper for that API, which this mobile app will use.

We're not looking for a full-time developer, just someone with great FMX experience in the field who can get us going in the right direction, troubleshoot our issues, and do some periodic work as needed.

Background

The legacy software was originally written in Delphi 1, and has been modified constantly and maintained through versions D4, D7, D2010, DXE2, DXE7, DXE8, and DX10.

It uses a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express database, but the REST server wraps that.

Only certain common functions of the entire system will be implemented in the mobile app.
Dave Nottage

Re: Remote FireMonkey Consultant Needed
  Posted: Sep 18, 2017 3:47 PM   in response to: Don Jump in response to: Don Jump
Don Jump wrote:

We're not looking for a full-time developer, just someone with great FMX experience in the field who can get us going
in the right direction, troubleshoot our issues, and do some periodic work as needed.

Hi Don,

I have extensive experience with FMX on mobile, especially with troubleshooting and problem solving, and I'm available
for periodic work.

I can be reached at:

dave at delphiworlds fullstop com

(replace the obvious words with characters to change into an email address)

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Find hints, tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com
Md. Shariful Al...

Re: Remote FireMonkey Consultant Needed
  Posted: Oct 15, 2017 11:06 PM   in response to: Don Jump in response to: Don Jump
Don Jump wrote:
We've been using Delphi for quite some time for our legacy Inventory / Point-of-Sale system (ever since Delphi first came out). We are preparing to utilize Firemonkey to roll out a mobile version of our app, with limited features, for iOS and Android.

Unfortunately we are finding it very difficult to find a Firemonkey consultant with our expertise needs. The only FMX consultants I've found so far are based around games and entertainment, while our app is quite the opposite.

A fancy GUI is not important - but workflow and stability are critical. We already have a REST/JSON API around our software, which we are constantly expanding, as well as a multi-threaded Delphi wrapper for that API, which this mobile app will use.

We're not looking for a full-time developer, just someone with great FMX experience in the field who can get us going in the right direction, troubleshoot our issues, and do some periodic work as needed.

Background

The legacy software was originally written in Delphi 1, and has been modified constantly and maintained through versions D4, D7, D2010, DXE2, DXE7, DXE8, and DX10.

It uses a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express database, but the REST server wraps that.

Only certain common functions of the entire system will be implemented in the mobile app.

I am very much experience in FMX. Have developed so many Android, iOS application using FMX. I am also working with Delphi since Delphi 1 and now working with Delphi Tokyo 10.2.1. You can reach me at murad_mouri at yahoo.com
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02