Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Problem With Adding TLayer3D to Embarcadero FireMonkey 3D Sample Program

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Oct 11, 2017 5:38 PM Last Post By: Rea Berryman Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Rea Berryman

Problem With Adding TLayer3D to Embarcadero FireMonkey 3D Sample Program
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 11, 2017 4:38 PM
I accidently posted this in the Delphi forum. Sorry for double posting. Hopefully someone can help.

I am trying to learn 3D programming using FireMonkey.

I successfully compiled the sample program that came with RAD Studio 10.2 found in "...Samples\CPP\Multi-Device Samples\User Interface\Arrows3D". I would like to add regular controls to the demo program.

I added a TLayer3D component as a child of the main form, set its alignment as MostRight, changed its width to 100. I then added a TButton to the TLayer3D.

I cannot see either one during design or runtime.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Rea Berryman

Re: Problem With Adding TLayer3D to Embarcadero FireMonkey 3D Sample Program
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 11, 2017 5:38 PM   in response to: Rea Berryman in response to: Rea Berryman
Rea Berryman wrote:
I accidently posted this in the Delphi forum. Sorry for double posting. Hopefully someone can help.

I am trying to learn 3D programming using FireMonkey.

I successfully compiled the sample program that came with RAD Studio 10.2 found in "...Samples\CPP\Multi-Device Samples\User Interface\Arrows3D". I would like to add regular controls to the demo program.

I added a TLayer3D component as a child of the main form, set its alignment as MostRight, changed its width to 100. I then added a TButton to the TLayer3D.

I cannot see either one during design or runtime.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Never mind. I worked with this more and see that the TLayer3D component is used with TForm3D not TForm.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02