Thread: IntraWeb 17 - jQuery and more

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Oct 3, 2017 9:21 AM Last Post By: Chad Hower
Chad Hower

IntraWeb 17 - jQuery and more
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 4, 2017 12:02 PM
Working on this now for IntraWeb 17...
https://jqueryui.com/

And likely Google Polymer and others as well.

IW 17 component structure is a lot easier to write components (and
integrate) than existing versions.

Such features however will be 17 only and only with the new page types.

Third Party control support such as TMS and CGDev will required changes
by the vendors, but the code is much simpler especially when taking into
account multiple Delphi versions and the component API is open.
Pete d'Oronzio

Re: IntraWeb 17 - jQuery and more
  Posted: Sep 4, 2017 7:45 PM   in response to: Chad Hower in response to: Chad Hower
Chad,

If I've got an IW 14.x app and upgrade to 17, when it becomes
available, will I be able to easily mix old forms and new forms so that
I can take advantage of new features a little at a time, or will I need
to do a wholesale rewrite of the UI?

Pete

Chad Hower wrote:

Working on this now for IntraWeb 17...
https://jqueryui.com/

And likely Google Polymer and others as well.

IW 17 component structure is a lot easier to write components (and
integrate) than existing versions.

Such features however will be 17 only and only with the new page
types.

Third Party control support such as TMS and CGDev will required
changes by the vendors, but the code is much simpler especially when
taking into account multiple Delphi versions and the component API is
open.
Eitan Arbel

Posted: Sep 5, 2017 8:17 AM   in response to: Pete d'Oronzio in response to: Pete d'Oronzio

if i remember correctly, a few months ago chad said that we will still be able to use the "old" IW14 forms without the need to change them, but new forms will be 100% IW17.
however, we will not be able to mix IW14 and IW17 in the same forms (and frames).
so, if i understand it correctly, while having IW17 installed, we will still be able to use "old" IW14 CG and TMS's components in IW14 forms, but they will not work in IW17 forms.
Dan Barclay

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 12:54 PM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel wrote:

if i remember correctly, a few months ago chad said that we will still be able to use the "old" IW14 forms without the need to change them, but new forms will be 100% IW17.
however, we will not be able to mix IW14 and IW17 in the same forms (and frames).
so, if i understand it correctly, while having IW17 installed, we will still be able to use "old" IW14 CG and TMS's components in IW14 forms, but they will not work in IW17 forms.

Eitan, that is what I recall as well. I don't remember any other particulars, which may still be in progress.

The reason is that AtoZed are committed to a smooth path forward for existing code resources. That, IMHO, is the important part. So many vendors these days don't seem to respect our existing code assets, which is very frustrating to some of us.

The guy that wrote this isn't an author, but you can get the message. AtoZed "get it":
http://vb.mvps.org/tips/stability/

This very issue is what drove me to Delphi... and I'm not completely sure about Emb on this any more but that's another story.

Dan
Chad Hower

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 9:26 AM   in response to: Pete d'Oronzio in response to: Pete d'Oronzio
On 9/4/2017 10:45 PM, Pete d'Oronzio wrote:

Yes.

You can do it piece by piece and mix them as well.
Marc Van den Br...

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 7:57 PM   in response to: Chad Hower in response to: Chad Hower
Chad, I know it's a jungle the last year but may I give some advice? Embarcadero we both knew had a sideway and with the start of the XE versions they only ****** up as I code in C times between Borland and Embarcadero are a milestone , my codegear compiler or bcc32 is still the most important compiler despite all Delphi lovers that adoe Delphi what isn't Original Delphi (Pacall) in IDE . The usage off .NET and msbuild is a framework since latest version win95 and simply stolen by open source. As they did with all . IW was a great bridge porting to the web, but Sencha will adapting webbroker and vcl or FMX will disappear without TMS Embarcadero is nothing , So TMS translated VCL to IWVCL and cgdevtools uses jquery and using javascripts porting to IWVCL . instead off reinventing the frontend it's the server what makes IW but Kendo,JQWidget,Sencha,bootstrap,all open source and client side so why doing the effort on doing rendering by translating the form DFM in IWUML ?
All those client side frameworks can easily putted as html forms with tags and instead off making callbacks leave this on the framework end user chooses. every http call triggers a thread and sends a WM_ event to the SA understandable as ya bind the sockets to the message map in the form so great inventions , today the data itself is only important and then if you release an IW as service handling just those request and make XHR2 so you make use off bidirectional data and run IW as a webserver we become independent on any OS I will nver make IIS or apache running our critical mission aplication, but if ya do that no competitor will be able to compete my IW with all database and custumized functions runs 12mb exe file, ok i don't run any database as I coded all on the filesystem itself but even in 32bit i have files over 10gb so leave the widgets over on the partners and I did already a test with kendo grid that runs completely without asynch callbacks just service data you win twice as old way still works and performance achieves leaving rendering on the client side. If ya want i will show you the way it runs in mixed way , we gonna move totaly from desktop to browser but processing will be done on data in server ,rendering and filtering ,sorting runs all on the widget , so what was telnet and mainframe can be IW and browser. but putting your partners in a position they have to modify to IW 17 but running dedicated server and use a NAS for the html ya kick off facebook,google,microsoft,even IDERA . jquery 3.2.1 leave it oon client side if they wanna use angular,it doesn't matter if your core is finished I would be gladly injecting it in beta production as I do now with 14.1.14
and webbroker isn't even needed but running threads in the main process is asking for trouble so sockets and TThread on kernel lebel is my playground , design and widgets is for designers , but as mentioned this is how we gonna work and this is not some suggestion as I have source access level , I looked for buggy stuff as 14.0.63 ran flawless 14.1.14 is a disaster under XE6 to tokyio 10.2 is it webbroker,datasnap,the rtlfix? questioning why ya need the rtl as the runtime is incompatible with lot's off bpls Watcom C in the days of OS/2 IBM Warp V4.0 but MS owned the market , today it's all google so the less i have contact with the browser the better , maybe I triggered some negative but we both knew something was going on but what started sice spring i never in 30 years coding experienced this is heavier than any soul can imagine but behind the scene as I figured out how MS does his silent push updates I announced to MS open that response will be heavier they can imagine and at end off this year we will have enough intel putting all foreign unknown hosts down and that's why you guys are important as we can count on trust . Okay i leave ya but could ya sent me in private a response so we can take action as we don't need Embarcadero but IW becomes our bridge in inside and WAN , so if ya can inform us would be appreciated as we gonna port all serverside in one total solution from mail to office ERP and real-time trading this is important as we have in test problems after running 15-30 mins, ok happy coding :)
Pete d'Oronzio

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 7:59 AM   in response to: Marc Van den Br... in response to: Marc Van den Br...
Good morning Marc,
What is your first language?
Pete

Marc Van den Broeck wrote:

Chad, I know it's a jungle the last year but may I give some advice?
Embarcadero we both knew had a sideway and with the start of the XE
versions they only ****** up as I code in C times between Borland and
Embarcadero are a milestone , my codegear compiler or bcc32 is still
the most important compiler despite all Delphi lovers that adoe
Delphi what isn't Original Delphi (Pacall) in IDE . The usage off
.NET and msbuild is a framework since latest version win95 and simply
stolen by open source. As they did with all . IW was a great bridge
porting to the web, but Sencha will adapting webbroker and vcl or FMX
will disappear without TMS Embarcadero is nothing , So TMS translated
VCL to IWVCL and cgdevtools uses jquery and using javascripts porting
to IWVCL . instead off reinventing the frontend it's the server what
makes IW but Kendo,JQWidget,Sencha,bootstrap,all open source and
client side so why doing the effort on doing rendering by translating
the form DFM in IWUML ? All those client side frameworks can easily
putted as html forms with tags and instead off making callbacks leave
this on the framework end user chooses. every http call triggers a
thread and sends a WM_ event to the SA understandable as ya bind the
sockets to the message map in the form so great inventions , today
the data itself is only important and then if you release an IW as
service handling just those request and make XHR2 so you make use off
bidirectional data and run IW as a webserver we become i ndependent
on any OS I will nver make IIS or apache running our critical mission
aplication, but if ya do that no competitor will be able to compete
my IW with all database and custumized functions runs 12mb exe file,
ok i don't run any database as I coded all on the filesystem itself
but even in 32bit i have files over 10gb so leave the widgets over on
the partners and I did already a test with kendo grid that runs
completely without asynch callbacks just service data you win twice
as old way still works and performance achieves leaving rendering on
the client side. If ya want i will show you the way it runs in mixed
way , we gonna move totaly from desktop to browser but processing
will be done on data in server ,rendering and filtering ,sorting runs
all on the widget , so what was telnet and mainframe can be IW and
browser. but putting your partners in a position they have to modify
to IW 17 but running dedicated server and use a NAS for the html ya
kick off facebook,google,microsoft,even IDERA . jquery 3.2.1 leave
it oon client side if they wanna use angular,it doesn't matter if
your core is finished I would be gladly injecting it in beta
production as I do now with 14.1.14 and webbroker isn't even needed
but running threads in the main process is asking for trouble so
sockets and TThread on kernel lebel is my playground , design and
widgets is for designers , but as mentioned this is how we gonna work
and this is not some suggestion as I have source access level , I
looked for buggy stuff as 14.0.63 ran flawless 14.1.14 is a disaster
under XE6 to tokyio 10.2 is it webbroker,datasnap,the rtlfix?
questioning why ya need the rtl as the runtime is incompatible with
lot's off bp ls Watcom C in the days of OS/2 IBM Warp V4.0 but MS
owned the market , today it's all google so the less i have contact
with the browser the better , maybe I triggered some negative but we
both knew something was going on but what started sice spring i never
in 30 years coding experienced this is heavier than any soul can
imagine but behind the scene as I figured out how MS does his silent
push updates I announced to MS open that response will be heavier
they can imagine and at end off this year we will have enough intel
putting all foreign unknown hosts down and that's why you guys are
important as we can count on trust . Okay i leave ya but could ya
sent me in private a response so we can take action as we don't need
Embarcadero but IW becomes our bridge in inside and WAN , so if ya
can inform us would be appreciated as we gonna port all serverside in
one total solution from mail to office ERP and real-time trading this
is important as we have in test problems after running 15-30 mins, ok
happy coding :)
Chisolm Wilson

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 7:14 PM   in response to: Marc Van den Br... in response to: Marc Van den Br...
Huh?? ;)

On 9/13/2017 10:57 PM, Marc Van den Broeck wrote:
Chad, I know it's a jungle the last year but may I give some advice? Embarcadero we both knew had a sideway and with the start of the XE versions they only ****** up as I code in C times between Borland and Embarcadero are a milestone , my codegear compiler or bcc32 is still the most important compiler despite all Delphi lovers that adoe Delphi what isn't Original Delphi (Pacall) in IDE . The usage off .NET and msbuild is a framework since latest version win95 and simply stolen by open source. As they did
with all . IW was a great bridge porting to the web, but Sencha will adapting webbroker and vcl or FMX will disappear without TMS Embarcadero is nothing , So TMS translated VCL to IWVCL and cgdevtools uses jquery and using javascripts porting to IWVCL . instead off reinventing the frontend it's the server what makes IW but Kendo,JQWidget,Sencha,bootstrap,all open source and client side so why doing the effort on doing rendering by translating the form DFM in IWUML ?
All those client side frameworks can easily putted as html forms with tags and instead off making callbacks leave this on the framework end user chooses. every http call triggers a thread and sends a WM_ event to the SA understandable as ya bind the sockets to the message map in the form so great inventions , today the data itself is only important and then if you release an IW as service handling just those request and make XHR2 so you make use off bidirectional data and run IW as a webserver we become i
ndependent on any OS I will nver make IIS or apache running our critical mission aplication, but if ya do that no competitor will be able to compete my IW with all database and custumized functions runs 12mb exe file, ok i don't run any database as I coded all on the filesystem itself but even in 32bit i have files over 10gb so leave the widgets over on the partners and I did already a test with kendo grid that runs completely without asynch callbacks just service data you win twice as old way still works
and performance achieves leaving rendering on the client side. If ya want i will show you the way it runs in mixed way , we gonna move totaly from desktop to browser but processing will be done on data in server ,rendering and filtering ,sorting runs all on the widget , so what was telnet and mainframe can be IW and browser. but putting your partners in a position they have to modify to IW 17 but running dedicated server and use a NAS for the html ya kick off facebook,google,microsoft,even IDERA . jquery
3.2.1 leave it oon client side if they wanna use angular,it doesn't matter if your core is finished I would be gladly injecting it in beta production as I do now with 14.1.14
and webbroker isn't even needed but running threads in the main process is asking for trouble so sockets and TThread on kernel lebel is my playground , design and widgets is for designers , but as mentioned this is how we gonna work and this is not some suggestion as I have source access level , I looked for buggy stuff as 14.0.63 ran flawless 14.1.14 is a disaster under XE6 to tokyio 10.2 is it webbroker,datasnap,the rtlfix? questioning why ya need the rtl as the runtime is incompatible with lot's off bp
ls Watcom C in the days of OS/2 IBM Warp V4.0 but MS owned the market , today it's all google so the less i have contact with the browser the better , maybe I triggered some negative but we both knew something was going on but what started sice spring i never in 30 years coding experienced this is heavier than any soul can imagine but behind the scene as I figured out how MS does his silent push updates I announced to MS open that response will be heavier they can imagine and at end off this year we will
have enough intel putting all foreign unknown hosts down and that's why you guys are important as we can count on trust . Okay i leave ya but could ya sent me in private a response so we can take action as we don't need Embarcadero but IW becomes our bridge in inside and WAN , so if ya can inform us would be appreciated as we gonna port all serverside in one total solution from mail to office ERP and real-time trading this is important as we have in test problems after running 15-30 mins, ok happy coding
:)
Chad Hower

Posted: Oct 3, 2017 9:21 AM   in response to: Marc Van den Br... in response to: Marc Van den Br...
On 9/13/2017 10:57 PM, Marc Van den Broeck wrote:
Chad, I know it's a jungle the last year but may I give some advice?
Embarcadero we both knew had a sideway and with the start of the XE
versions they only ****** up as I code in C times between Borland and
Embarcadero are a milestone , my codegear compiler or bcc32 is still

Is it possible you could paragraph your posts a bit? Its really hard to
read all jammed together.

client side so why doing the effort on doing rendering by translating
the form DFM in IWUML ? All those client side frameworks can easily

Its not a simple translation. Did you see the video from earlier this
year? IWML gives us a lot, its not simply a different format.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02