Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Location of wwwroot in IW14.2 isn't readily apparent

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Sep 26, 2017 1:26 PM Last Post By: Daniel Fields
charles leggette

Location of wwwroot in IW14.2 isn't readily apparent  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 25, 2017 1:25 PM
I'm coming from 12.0 and now using Tokyo 102. release 2 ...I created a TestIW app that uses a couple of benign CGDEVTOOL controls, but there is no wwwroot folder created....under old C++ 2010, it always resided in ..\debug or ..\release....and was created automatically....

Where does IW expect wwwroot to be now....I cannot find it.I'm using the IWstandalone server.

Is it perhaps a setting in UserSession or ServerController...I can find no documentation explaining the change from 2010 & IW12.
Daniel Fields

Re: Location of wwwroot in IW14.2 isn't readily apparent  
  Posted: Sep 25, 2017 2:37 PM   in response to: charles leggette in response to: charles leggette
I always create that folder manually. I also turn off the switch that creates subfolders for debug and release. I think it's a pain in the ass! I turn off debugging as part of my deployment process.

You can use the ServerController.ContentPath to set a folder that will work with both the debug and release versions of your project. See the documentation quoted below.

*ContentPath*: string;
Contains the full path for the IntraWeb Content Folder. The default value for the ContentPath is AppPath + 'wwwroot'. The ContentPath is the folder that is exposed to the user by your 
IntraWeb application,  ie, the files that needs to be directly accessible using and URL. You can use this folder to add images, JavaScript files, PDF, HTML files and any file needed by 
your application.

Edited by: Daniel Fields on Sep 25, 2017 2:38 PM
charles leggette

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 3:07 PM   in response to: charles leggette in response to: charles leggette
charles leggette wrote:
I'm coming from 12.0 and now using Tokyo 102. release 2 ...I created a TestIW app that uses a couple of benign CGDEVTOOL controls, but there is no wwwroot folder created....under old C++ 2010, it always resided in ..\debug or ..\release....and was created automatically....

Where does IW expect wwwroot to be now....I cannot find it.I'm using the IWstandalone server.

Is it perhaps a setting in UserSession or ServerController...I can find no documentation explaining the change from 2010 & IW12.

Daniel, would the Content.Path be something like C:\wwwroot???
Daniel Fields

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 3:12 PM   in response to: charles leggette in response to: charles leggette
I've only used that property a couple of times, but I believe it has to be a fully qualified path, such as C:\mycontentfolder. It will probably work with any valid path that can be reached from the server.

The potential problem is access rights fro you application when it's deployed. You have to be certain that the account under which your application is running has Read and Write access to that folder.
Chad Hower

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:36 PM   in response to: charles leggette in response to: charles leggette
On 9/25/2017 4:25 PM, charles leggette wrote:
I'm coming from 12.0 and now using Tokyo 102. release 2 ...I created
a TestIW app that uses a couple of benign CGDEVTOOL controls, but
there is no wwwroot folder created....under old C++ 2010, it always
resided in ..\debug or ..\release....and was created
automatically....

This is an EMBT change or a change to your environment. Not IW.

By default IW uses rel path to the exe for easy dev, but as others have
already kindly followed up you can configure it as well.

As to where your EXE ends up during dev, thats up to EMBT.
Dan Barclay

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:51 PM   in response to: charles leggette in response to: charles leggette
charles leggette wrote:

I assume you have seen this migration info. If not, maybe it will help:

http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/development/Migrating%20to%20IntraWeb%20XIV.html

Dan
Daniel Fields

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 1:26 PM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
I forgot all about that one. That really covers it all. I used to have that pinned to the wall. Nice backup Dan!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02