Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another... ?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Sep 19, 2017 7:34 PM Last Post By: GAI CHEW KAI
GAI CHEW KAI

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another... ?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 19, 2017 6:41 PM
Embarcadero® C++Builder 10.2 Version 25.0.26309.314
Android 7.0.1
Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Pro [Version 10.0.14393]

I encountered this issues when using PAServer deployment for Win32 application.

[PAClient Error] Error: E0009 Cannot create file "\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\PAServer\19.0\scratch-dir\RICKY-Lenovo Y580\BadmintonBuddy\BadmintonBuddy.tds". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Please advise.
GAI CHEW KAI

Re: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another... ?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 19, 2017 7:18 PM   in response to: GAI CHEW KAI in response to: GAI CHEW KAI
[PAClient Error] Error: E0009 Cannot create file "\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\PAServer\19.0\scratch-dir\RICKY-Lenovo Y580\BadmintonBuddy\BadmintonBuddy.tds". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

- Found the answer, it is caused by rmtdbg250.exe, the method I used is to kill rmtdbg250.exe via Task Manager or the SysInternals Process Explorer.

- I am not sure why, each time before debug running the application, there are two rmtdbg250.exe processes running and I have to kill these two rmtdbg250.exe processes (previously left behind) in order to proceed running the application.

Hopes, this help.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02