Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Who mostly uses RAD Studio

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Oct 3, 2017 9:17 AM Last Post By: Sebastian Ledesma Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
dong tac

Who mostly uses RAD Studio
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 16, 2017 9:27 AM
This message is no longer available.
Mike Versteeg

Re: Who mostly uses RAD Studio
  Posted: Sep 17, 2017 8:25 AM   in response to: dong tac in response to: dong tac
I do, since Borland released v1.0 (which was free at the time). For better or worse I built an entire company using C+ Builder. All products here mikeversteeg.com are built with it. You are not alone, check out the C++ Builder and Delphi groups on G+.
Jan Dijkstra

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 11:56 PM   in response to: Mike Versteeg in response to: Mike Versteeg
In our company as well. Use of Borland tools goes all the way back to turbo pascal. I think I even have the CP/M version still lying around somewhere.

Right now we're on XE8 studio, using mainly c++, but a few portions are in pascal as well.
John David

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 9:34 AM   in response to: dong tac in response to: dong tac
On 16/09/2017 17:27, dong tac wrote:
First, I want to state clearly that I genuinely like XE8 and I plan to use it for at least on of my next projects. And I really hope I will be using it for long long time, because I really feel this is great piece of software.

I used Very Slow (Visual Studio) for last decade or so, and I am genuinely fed up with it. I've decided to give a XE8 a try and so far, no problems, only joy from using it. But one cannot work in a vacuum and I to be honest didn't meet many people who use RAD Studio.

So the question is:

What is the audience of RAD Studio? Who uses it? Anybody knows any approximation in numbers?

Looking forward to replies.

Thank you

I have always used RAD or something similar like Visual Studio.
However, recently I have tried to use Microsoft's "VS Code" and with
that I can now use Embarcadero Free Tools and use command line for most
of my small console Apps and this allows me to get on with the coding
without worrying about creating projects and all that nonsense.

Microsoft's VS Code is a real Text Editor everyone should have it.

These two products go together:

<https://www.embarcadero.com/free-tools/ccompiler>
<https://code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1_16>
Oliver Weinheimer

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 1:41 AM   in response to: dong tac in response to: dong tac
Hi - I am using C++Builder since version 5.
Focus of my work here at the university is on image processing, Win 64bit development.
I like the latest directions of development/improvement of the C ++ Builder / Rad Studio - there are still some construction sites:
Linker improvements, the clang compiler(s) should be more up-to-date, Cmake compatability, IDE stability/improvements, Debugger stability/improvements.
But however, Embacardero is working on these things noticeable.
I am on Tokyo 10.2.1.
Mike Versteeg

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:07 AM   in response to: Oliver Weinheimer in response to: Oliver Weinheimer
Oliver Weinheimer wrote:
Focus of my work here at the university is on image processing, Win 64bit development.

Interesting. Do you have a link to your work Oliver? I work with images too :).
Oliver Weinheimer

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 8:55 AM   in response to: Mike Versteeg in response to: Mike Versteeg
Interesting. Do you have a link to your work Oliver? I work with images too :).

Hi Mike, I have a long time ago ceased to maintain my web pages - wanted to start again and again - never did it - but the pages are still available -> www.oliwe.com.
So I am working in the medical imaging field ...
Mike Versteeg

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 9:27 AM   in response to: Oliver Weinheimer in response to: Oliver Weinheimer
Thanks. I'm too, but to record and live stream operations. If you ever update your site do let me know, have always been fascinated by image processing.
Sebastian Ledesma

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 7:01 PM   in response to: dong tac in response to: dong tac
My personal experience it's that I'm using Borland C++ since Borland C++ 3.0 with Application Frameworks.
Later when I joined my current work I keep using Borland C++, our evolution was similar: 3.0, 4.0, 4.5x, 5.0, 5.01 (that was for long time our main development tool), C++Builder 2007, C++Builder 2009, C++Builder XE, C++Builder 10.1 and now C++Builder 10.2.
We still have some projects in C++Builder XE but for most of others we have switched to 10.2 aka "Tokyo".

Sebas
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02