Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: RemoteServiceDemo problem

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0
Jan Petter Midt...

RemoteServiceDemo problem  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 30, 2017 1:42 AM
I'm trying to build and run the RemoteServiceDemo, using Delphi in Rad Studio 10.2 Update 1.
I downloaded the newest version of the demo source code, updated 2017-06-27, from https://sourceforge.net/projects/radstudiodemos/.

Building the project group RemoteDemo succeeds without warnings or errors.

Running the AppRemoteHost results in a crash and the error message: couldn't find "libProxyAndroidService.so" in Android Device Monitor.

I added "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\lib\android\debug\libProxyAndroidService.so" to the deployment list, with remote path "library\lib\armeabi-v7a\".

AppRemoteHost then runs without error messages, but nothing happens when I press the Bind button. Debugging shows that the OnServiceConnected method is not called.
FServiceConnection.ServiceMessenger is still nil after BindService.

Android Device Monitor shows these warnings:
08-30 10:32:09.033: W/linker(13389): /data/app/com.embarcadero.AppRemoteHost-2/lib/arm/libProxyAndroidService.so: unused DT entry: type 0xf arg 0x8f3c
08-30 10:32:09.034: W/linker(13389): /data/app/com.embarcadero.AppRemoteHost-2/lib/arm/libProxyAndroidService.so: is missing DT_SONAME will use basename as a replacement: "libProxyAndroidService.so"

After a bit of Googling, I've found that these warnings are probably not significant.

I have tried running the demo on several tablets and phones with no luck.

Have anyone else successfully run this Demo?
Any thoughts on how I can make this work?

Edited by: Jan Petter Midtgård on Aug 30, 2017 4:17 AM

Edited by: Jan Petter Midtgård on Aug 30, 2017 4:20 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02