Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: 126 = Index file is crashed

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Aug 24, 2017 7:54 AM Last Post By: Peter Simpson Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Luis Jennings

126 = Index file is crashed
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 23, 2017 1:54 PM
Greetings!

Every time when I try to start MySQL, I'm getting an error message : 126 = Index file is crashed

Could anyone suggest me a proper way how to fix MySQL?
Peter Simpson

Re: 126 = Index file is crashed
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 24, 2017 7:53 AM   in response to: Luis Jennings in response to: Luis Jennings
To solve this issue, you need to follow these steps in sequence:

First, you need to check MySQL table corruption. You can use CHECK TABLE statement , mysqlcheck command-line utility or myisamchk command-line utility. The latter two utilities can only be used with MyISAM tables and not with InnoDB tables. The basic syntax of these commands is as follows:

CHECK TABLE tablename

mysqlcheck dbname tablename

myisamchk dbname tablename

You can use appropriate options with them.

If you experience errors related to table corruption, you need to repair the affected table. To accomplish the same, you can use REPAIR TABLE command as below:

REPAIR TABLE tablename

You can also use mysqlcheck or myisamchk command-line utilities, but only for MyISAM tables.

If you continue to receive the same error messages, repair is beyond the scope of above utilities. Thus, you need to use an updated data backup to restore the complete database. But if no backup is available or the present backup is not valid to restore the lost data, you need to repair the damaged database with https://www.repairtoolbox.com/mysqlrepair.html

Edited by: Peter Simpson on Aug 24, 2017 7:54 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02