Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Can I import a .Net assembly that is NOT in the gac?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Aug 17, 2017 3:02 PM Last Post By: Bismark Appah
Mark Tiede

Can I import a .Net assembly that is NOT in the gac?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 11, 2016 3:50 AM
When I try to import a .Net assembly, the dialog that is presented shows only GAC entries. There IS an Add button. Can one browse to any .Net assembly from there and add it to the list? Does that assembly need some special attributes like [dllexport] or something so that it CAN be added to the list and imported?
Bismark Appah

Re: Can I import a .Net assembly that is NOT in the gac?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 17, 2017 3:02 PM   in response to: Mark Tiede in response to: Mark Tiede
Mark Tiede wrote:
When I try to import a .Net assembly, the dialog that is presented shows only GAC entries. There IS an Add button. Can one browse to any .Net assembly from there and add it to the list? Does that assembly need some special attributes like [dllexport] or something so that it CAN be added to the list and imported?

You can use the .Net Assembly/WSDL Import tool which is part of the .Net Runtime Library for Delphi to import the .Net library from file or GAC and generate delphi codes from the imported assembly types.

For more information, go to https://crystalnet-tech.com/RuntimeLibrary/RuntimeLibUtilities.aspx

For more information about the .Net Runtime Library for Delphi, go to https://crystalnet-tech.com/RuntimeLibrary/RuntimeLibrary4Delphi.aspx

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02