Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Firedac with Delphi and Advantage Database Server

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Aug 15, 2017 1:47 AM Last Post By: Dmitry Arefiev
Leonardo Bidi

Firedac with Delphi and Advantage Database Server  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 11, 2017 12:34 PM
Hi all.

I am migrating an old delphi 2007 with proper Advantage components to XE5 and FireDac.

I've found that when doing the same query on both systems, the one with Firedac took long way too much time than older with D2007.

The query is something like *"select * into #temp from table where fdate between '01/08/2017' and curdate()"*.

The two problems I've found with FD is the long time of the query and the other is that does NOT respect the dates on the result.It results with
records of any date.

Even with FireDac Explorer takes too long the same query.

Can anyone help me to increase the performance of the query ?

Many thanks.

Regards
Dmitry Arefiev

Re: Firedac with Delphi and Advantage Database Server  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 15, 2017 1:47 AM   in response to: Leonardo Bidi in response to: Leonardo Bidi
The two problems I've found with FD is the long time of the query and the other is that does NOT respect the dates on the result.It results with
records of any date.

If I got you right, then your query returns all records and not just specified range in WHERE. If so, then depending on the number of records in your table, fetching the result set will take more (or much more) time.

The query is something like *"select * into #temp from table where fdate between '01/08/2017' and curdate()"*.

Try to use parameters instead of literal and curdate() and see will anything change or not.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02