Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: IIWDBNavigator

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Aug 22, 2017 2:16 AM Last Post By: Alexandre Machado
Kyle Boatwright

IIWDBNavigator
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 9, 2017 7:11 AM
I am upgrading an older IW application to IW 14. The forms have a TIWDBNavigator, and a TTIWDBAdvWebGrid. I am using a region tied to a TTIWAdvMessageDialog to popup a window for the user to enter/edit the fields for the row selected in the grid.

If I continue using the TIWDBNavigator component, I have the following issue: I click Edit or Insert, my popup window displays the user enters/edits the record information. The user then clicks save or cancel, and the popup closes, the AsyncButtonClick event on the TTIWAdvMessageDialog posts or cancels the dataset. The problem is the TIWDBNavigator is still in a dsInsert, dsEdit type mode. It is not seeing that its datasource has been posted or cancelled. So to continue you have to click the cancel button on the navigator. I tried using the Update method, but it does not change the state of the navigator.

I also tried using the TMS TTIWDBAsyncNavigator, and for edits is works as long as you call the Update method after the datasource post/cancel is called. The problem here is with DB inserts. I cannot add a new record. If the Add/Insert button is clicked on this navigator, it advances to the last record in the dataset. I have tried the insert in the insert event, but it seems to be ignored...

Can this be made to work in this version?

Edited by: Kyle Boatwright on Aug 9, 2017 7:12 AM
Alexandre Machado

Re: IIWDBNavigator
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 22, 2017 2:16 AM   in response to: Kyle Boatwright in response to: Kyle Boatwright
Kyle Boatwright wrote:
I am upgrading an older IW application to IW 14. The forms have a TIWDBNavigator, and a TTIWDBAdvWebGrid. I am using a region tied to a TTIWAdvMessageDialog to popup a window for the user to enter/edit the fields for the row selected in the grid.

If I continue using the TIWDBNavigator component, I have the following issue: I click Edit or Insert, my popup window displays the user enters/edits the record information. The user then clicks save or cancel, and the popup closes, the AsyncButtonClick event on the TTIWAdvMessageDialog posts or cancels the dataset. The problem is the TIWDBNavigator is still in a dsInsert, dsEdit type mode. It is not seeing that its datasource has been posted or cancelled. So to continue you have to click the cancel button on the navigator. I tried using the Update method, but it does not change the state of the navigator.

I also tried using the TMS TTIWDBAsyncNavigator, and for edits is works as long as you call the Update method after the datasource post/cancel is called. The problem here is with DB inserts. I cannot add a new record. If the Add/Insert button is clicked on this navigator, it advances to the last record in the dataset. I have tried the insert in the insert event, but it seems to be ignored...

Can this be made to work in this version?

Edited by: Kyle Boatwright on Aug 9, 2017 7:12 AM

Hi Kyle,

It is really hard to test with TMS controls because I don't use them... Can you recreate this using a simple test application but without 3rd party controls (TMS)? If so, can you send me via e-mail (alexandre [at] atozed dot com)?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02