Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi MacOS app "may be damaged or incomplete"

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Aug 7, 2017 8:18 AM Last Post By: Michael Leahy
Michael Leahy

Delphi MacOS app "may be damaged or incomplete"  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 3, 2017 12:09 PM
Delphi XE7 deploying to Macintosh

I've deployed dozens of projects to the Mac hundreds of times.

Today, with the same projects and the same PAServer and the same Mac, all my projects deploy and then run(!) correctly but when I double click on the resulting .app file the Mac says...

"You can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete." It shows a white circle with a slash through it over the app's icon.

This happens with two different Macs with two different MacOS versions (but the same PAServer version).

Any ideas what would cause that?
Michael Leahy

Re: Delphi MacOS app "may be damaged or incomplete"  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 7, 2017 8:18 AM   in response to: Michael Leahy in response to: Michael Leahy
Michael Leahy wrote:
Delphi XE7 deploying to Macintosh

I've deployed dozens of projects to the Mac hundreds of times.

Today, with the same projects and the same PAServer and the same Mac, all my projects deploy and then run(!) correctly but when I double click on the resulting .app file the Mac says...

"You can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete." It shows a white circle with a slash through it over the app's icon.

This happens with two different Macs with two different MacOS versions (but the same PAServer version).

Any ideas what would cause that?

It turns out that modifying CFBundleExecutable from $(ModuleName) to My App Name
caused this problem.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02