Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Custom push notification sound

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Sep 11, 2017 1:18 AM Last Post By: Lena Ilicheva
Davide Fortunato

Custom push notification sound  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 30, 2017 11:37 PM
Hi,
i developed an Android app (Delphi Berlin UPD2) that receive push notification using Kinvey, following Embarcadero demo.

Everything works perfectly, but now i would like to change the sound of the push notification received to make it different from others standard notification.
Is it possible? And how?

I don't find anything like that, so i thought to play a sound in the PushEvents1PushReceived() event, but the code inside there will be executed only if the app is open, if the app is closed the notification appears correctly but the event will not be triggered.

Is there any way to do that?
Thank you in advance!
Re: Custom push notification sound
  Posted: Sep 5, 2017 11:48 PM   in response to: Davide Fortunato in response to: Davide Fortunato
Davide Fortunato wrote:
Hi,
i developed an Android app (Delphi Berlin UPD2) that receive push notification using Kinvey, following Embarcadero demo.

Everything works perfectly, but now i would like to change the sound of the push notification received to make it different from others standard notification.
Is it possible? And how?

I don't find anything like that, so i thought to play a sound in the PushEvents1PushReceived() event, but the code inside there will be executed only if the app is open, if the app is closed the notification appears correctly but the event will not be triggered.

Thank you in advance!

i have same problem, and now i cant solved this

maybe, i think use service background, i dont know....

Sarina DuPont

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 2:52 PM   in response to: Davide Fortunato in response to: Davide Fortunato
Davide Fortunato wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible? And how?

Thank you in advance!

Hi,
Have you had a look at http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/Mobile_Tutorial:_Using_Notifications_(iOS_and_Android)#Customizing_the_Notification_Sound?

Regards,
Sarina

--
Product Manager, RAD Studio
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

Lena Ilicheva

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 1:18 AM   in response to: Sarina DuPont in response to: Sarina DuPont
If use Kinvey for IOS FMX project then there will be no sound notification at all.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02