Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Check out system.... Which FireDac / Interbase components

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jun 24, 2017 10:35 AM Last Post By: Paul Jackson
John MacDonald

Check out system.... Which FireDac / Interbase components  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 22, 2016 8:34 PM
Hello Everyone:

I'm looking for recommendations.

I have an Interbase server running for remote data from my application.
When the computer goes remote I would like to sign out a copy of the sub data and work with it while out on field service calls.

What tools shall I use to interact with a copy of the data that is to be stored directly on the same machine with my application.
When the computer is hooked back together I will be signing the information back in.

Thanks

--
JMAC out
Jan Dijkstra

Re: Check out system.... Which FireDac / Interbase components  
  Posted: Nov 22, 2016 11:43 PM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
John MacDonald wrote:
Hello Everyone:

When the computer goes remote I would like to sign out a copy of the sub data and work with it while out on field service calls.

What tools shall I use to interact with a copy of the data that is to be stored directly on the same machine with my application.
When the computer is hooked back together I will be signing the information back in.

Thanks

--
JMAC out

Well, since you're already working with InterBase, why not use the InterBase local server?
Paul Jackson

Re: Check out system.... Which FireDac / Interbase components  
  Posted: Jun 24, 2017 10:35 AM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
John MacDonald wrote:
Hello Everyone:

Thanks

--
JMAC out

Isn't that one of the uses of TClientDataSet ? I believe you can use it to cache some data and then when reconnected process the changes. If there is an issue I think it throws a reconcile error giving you the opportunity to make appropriate corrections.

I'm just getting started myself, but I thought I've seen where this would be applicable.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02