Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Voice recognition

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Jun 14, 2017 2:13 PM Last Post By: Eli M
Andrew Hodson

Voice recognition
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 11, 2017 9:34 PM
I'm developing an android app for fruitgrowers to track where they have been when spraying. A feature i want to add is a grower being able to mark certain things on their orchard they need to attend to. Perhaps a broken irrigation sprinkler or a badly diseased tree. The problem is they will be fully suited up with protective gear and unable to get at their phone. Stopping while spraying would be difficult.I was thinking with an attached microphone they could speak, maybe "Mark" followed by a reason e.g. "irrigation". Does anyone have any experience with voice recognition and how to integrate this into an app?
Eli M

Re: Voice recognition
  Posted: Jun 11, 2017 10:33 PM   in response to: Andrew Hodson in response to: Andrew Hodson
Markus Humm

Posted: Jun 12, 2017 1:04 PM   in response to: Andrew Hodson in response to: Andrew Hodson
Am 12.06.2017 um 06:34 schrieb Andrew Hodson:
I'm developing an android app for fruitgrowers to track where they have been when spraying. A feature i want to add is a grower being able to mark certain things on their orchard they need to attend to. Perhaps a broken irrigation sprinkler or a badly diseased tree. The problem is they will be fully suited up with protective gear and unable to get at their phone. Stopping while spraying would be difficult.I was thinking with an attached microphone they could speak, maybe "Mark" followed by a reason e.g. "
irrigation". Does anyone have any experience with voice recognition and how to integrate this into an app?

Additional to Eli: it can be used from a Delphi progtram, but that topic
would be more suited for the public.delphi.platformspecific.android
group, as it has to do with API programming and not so much with FMX GUI
development.

One hint: when you work online the voice recognition can give you the
best 5 recognitions of the text spoken. When used entirely offline it
will only give you the best.

Greetings

Markus
Erik Salaj

Posted: Jun 12, 2017 2:06 PM   in response to: Andrew Hodson in response to: Andrew Hodson
I'm developing an android app for fruitgrowers to track where they have been when spraying. A feature i want to add is a grower being able to mark certain things on their orchard they need to attend to. Perhaps a broken irrigation sprinkler or a badly diseased tree. The problem is they will be fully suited up with protective gear and unable to get at their phone. Stopping while spraying would be difficult.I was thinking with an attached microphone they could speak, maybe "Mark" followed by a reason e.g. "
irrigation". Does anyone have any experience with voice recognition and how to integrate this into an app?

SpeechRecognizer example for Android:

http://winsoft.sk/aspeech.htm

Erik Salaj, WINSOFT
Andrew Hodson

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 2:12 PM   in response to: Erik Salaj in response to: Erik Salaj
Erik Salaj wrote:

Erik Salaj, WINSOFT

Works well thanks
Andrew Hodson

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 5:15 PM   in response to: Andrew Hodson in response to: Andrew Hodson
Andrew Hodson wrote:
Erik Salaj wrote:

Erik Salaj, WINSOFT

Works well thanks

Is there any way the voice recognition can be permanently turned on? Spraying of a crop can take several hours. i need the voice recognition to sit in the background and activate when the user speaks.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02