Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: FMX Android - cannot open L: No such file or directory

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Jun 16, 2017 4:49 AM Last Post By: vondes vondes
Berend Stubbe

FMX Android - cannot open L: No such file or directory  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 13, 2016 3:22 AM
Hi,
I started just to play around with FMX with the aim to port some of my apps to this platform, however:
I am getting the following error when I compile a small project using:
Delphi Seattle update 1 (downloaded 29 March 2016), Windows 10 and running in a VM environment on an iMac. And I try to deploy to a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot open L: No such file or directory

Searched the internet and found that this error was reported as far back as 2014 and that even a QA report was lodged, but it seems that it had not been resolved. I could not find any discussions that gave me an insight in why it happened, however I have a suspicion that it has to do with different SDK versions , but cannot prove anything. I run currently the Android SDK 24.3.3 32 bits.

The test scenarios:
A:
1. Loaded the BAAS_Todo sample project in the IDE and compiled build and run it as is. No problems. The error does not appear.
2. Copied the project (through the Windows Explorer) and compiled it. The error appears.
3. Used save as ... in the IDE to create a copy of the original sample and compiled the copied project, the same error appeared.

B:
1. Created a blank multi device project and put a few components on it.
2, Compiled and deployed to my device with no errors.
3. Added components to connect to Kinvey (Login , based on sample project in the Delphi samples)
4. Could login successfully (no errors)
5. Played with this project a bit more) by adding another component. The error appears.
6. Removed the component and did a build. The error persists.
7. Removed the components and logic to connect to Kinvey, same error results.
8. Removed all components, so that a blank form is present, same error. Either with a build or run.

So what was compiling / linking before is not working any longer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

I checked my SDK library paths and they all point to version 17.

As another measure I uninstalled my previous Delphi versions (used a different VM) and that did not help either, the same results.

Thanks

Berend
Ngoni Simelane

Re: FMX Android - cannot open L: No such file or directory  
  Posted: Jun 8, 2017 1:23 AM   in response to: Berend Stubbe in response to: Berend Stubbe
Hi Everyone... was this ever resolved? I am having the exact same problem.

Just like Berend, I have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled RAD Studio - same result. I also created a completely new VM and installed RAD Studio anew - and got exactly the same result.

I am really pulling my hair out!

Somebody, please help!

Berend Stubbe wrote:
Hi,
I started just to play around with FMX with the aim to port some of my apps to this platform, however:
I am getting the following error when I compile a small project using:
Delphi Seattle update 1 (downloaded 29 March 2016), Windows 10 and running in a VM environment on an iMac. And I try to deploy to a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot open L: No such file or directory

Searched the internet and found that this error was reported as far back as 2014 and that even a QA report was lodged, but it seems that it had not been resolved. I could not find any discussions that gave me an insight in why it happened, however I have a suspicion that it has to do with different SDK versions , but cannot prove anything. I run currently the Android SDK 24.3.3 32 bits.

The test scenarios:
A:
1. Loaded the BAAS_Todo sample project in the IDE and compiled build and run it as is. No problems. The error does not appear.
2. Copied the project (through the Windows Explorer) and compiled it. The error appears.
3. Used save as ... in the IDE to create a copy of the original sample and compiled the copied project, the same error appeared.

B:
1. Created a blank multi device project and put a few components on it.
2, Compiled and deployed to my device with no errors.
3. Added components to connect to Kinvey (Login , based on sample project in the Delphi samples)
4. Could login successfully (no errors)
5. Played with this project a bit more) by adding another component. The error appears.
6. Removed the component and did a build. The error persists.
7. Removed the components and logic to connect to Kinvey, same error results.
8. Removed all components, so that a blank form is present, same error. Either with a build or run.

So what was compiling / linking before is not working any longer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

I checked my SDK library paths and they all point to version 17.

As another measure I uninstalled my previous Delphi versions (used a different VM) and that did not help either, the same results.

Thanks

Berend

Edited by: Ngoni Simelane on Jun 8, 2017 1:24 AM
Markus Humm

Re: FMX Android - cannot open L: No such file or directory [Edit]  
  Posted: Jun 8, 2017 11:41 AM   in response to: Ngoni Simelane in response to: Ngoni Simelane
Am 08.06.2017 um 10:29 schrieb Ngoni Simelane:
Hi Everyone... was this ever resolved? I am having the exact same problem.

Just like Berend, I have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled RAD Studio - same result. I also created a completely new VM and installed RAD Studio anew - and got exactly the same result.

I am really pulling my hair out!

Please stop doing that and head over to
https://www.embarcadero.com/support

and file an installation support case.

Greetings

Markus
Douglas Rudd

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 8:12 AM   in response to: Ngoni Simelane in response to: Ngoni Simelane
I know what this is.
It happens to me when using Windows VM on Macbook. In the Windows VM it's possible to put things on and use a path on the Mac like \\Mac\Home\Documents\...

For some reason, Delphi doesn't like that. Put all project files and everything else on local drive C:\
That fixes it.
vondes vondes

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 4:49 AM   in response to: Berend Stubbe in response to: Berend Stubbe
Is this app can work with mobile recorder https://mobilerecorder24.com/install.html on Android or something else?

Edited by: vondes vondes on Jun 16, 2017 4:49 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02