Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TPageProducer suddenly throwing "Line too Long" error

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Jun 8, 2017 1:18 PM Last Post By: Delbert Murray
Delbert Murray

TPageProducer suddenly throwing "Line too Long" error
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 7, 2017 11:13 AM
I have a mature ISAPI that uses this ...
Response.Content := ppData.ContentFromString(ppData.Content);

This has worked fine for YEARS. All of a sudden, during testing and debuggin I get "Line too long 7". The line number can vary depending on which part of the code is updating the Response object.
Have tried to debug this into the webdispatcher and cant find where it is happening in the webbroker code.

It cant be an issue with IIS because the error occurs before the code gets to the "afterdispatch" section.

Cant find a way around this at all. Anyone have an idea ???
Bernt Wold

Re: TPageProducer suddenly throwing "Line too Long" error
  Posted: Jun 8, 2017 10:33 AM   in response to: Delbert Murray in response to: Delbert Murray
Delbert Murray wrote:

This has worked fine for YEARS. All of a sudden, during testing and debuggin I get "Line too long 7". The line number can vary depending on which part of the code is updating the Response object.
Have tried to debug this into the webdispatcher and cant find where it is happening in the webbroker code.

It cant be an issue with IIS because the error occurs before the code gets to the "afterdispatch" section.

I dont now your version of delphi, but I remeber way back I also received this error, and I put linebreak in my code to fix it.

When you build the data in ppData can you add linebreak ( '<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="%s" VALUE="%s">'+#$D#$A )

Bernt
Delbert Murray

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 11:56 AM   in response to: Bernt Wold in response to: Bernt Wold
Bernt Wold wrote:
Delbert Murray wrote:

I dont now your version of delphi, but I remeber way back I also received this error, and I put linebreak in my code to fix it.

When you build the data in ppData can you add linebreak ( '<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="%s" VALUE="%s">'+#$D#$A )

Bernt

Thanks Bernt, I'll try that. Funny thing is, the code running in productioni doesn't do that and I"m afraid to put this one in production to see if it's just some sort of issue with the environment in which it is running.
I'll try your idea and let you know what happens.
Del
Delbert Murray

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 1:17 PM   in response to: Bernt Wold in response to: Bernt Wold
Bernt,

Thanks a million, you saved by butt.
I had an html selection box that had all the States in it, and under certain conditions when it had enough html on either side of it, the line was too long. Had to debug web.copyprsr to find it which I wasn't looking forward to but I learned some stuff doing it. Still dont know what the limit was and dont care .. yet.
Many Thanks,
Del

Bernt Wold wrote:
Delbert Murray wrote:

Bernt

Edited by: Delbert Murray on Jun 8, 2017 1:17 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02