Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: In debug mode I cannot see variable values when I move cursor over them

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Jun 8, 2017 12:26 AM Last Post By: Edigest MCE
Edigest MCE

In debug mode I cannot see variable values when I move cursor over them  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 5, 2017 8:11 AM
In Delphi 10.2 Tokyo when I debug a multidevice application, I'm not able to see the values of variables when I move the mouse pointer over them (or click/select them) .

Clearly it is a very useful functionality (that worked well in older versions of Delphi).

Is it disabled? How can I re-enable it?

If I hit CTRL+F5 then the variable and its value are correctly showed in the watch-list; but it is a much slower and annoying procedure.

Thanks.

Note (after seeing a reply): we have the Delphi 10.2 Tokyo Professional + Mobile version
Gerald Holdsworth

Re: In debug mode I cannot see variable values when I move cursor over them  
  Posted: Jun 5, 2017 10:56 AM   in response to: Edigest MCE in response to: Edigest MCE
Edigest MCE wrote:
In Delphi 10.2 Tokyo when I debug a multidevice application, I'm not able to see the values of variables when I move the mouse pointer over them (or click/select them) .

I also asked this question a while ago, but for Berlin. I have the Starter edition and it is one of the features you don't get in the free versions.
Scott Pinkham

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 3:11 PM   in response to: Edigest MCE in response to: Edigest MCE
Edigest MCE wrote:

Clearly it is a very useful functionality (that worked well in older versions of Delphi).

Is it disabled? How can I re-enable it?

If I hit CTRL+F5 then the variable and its value are correctly showed in the watch-list; but it is a much slower and annoying procedure.

Thanks.

Note (after seeing a reply): we have the Delphi 10.2 Tokyo Professional + Mobile version

What platform are you targeting? I've seen this behavior especially on Android, but not so much on the others. Also make sure the "Debug Information" setting in the Project Options dialog is set to "Debug Information", not "Limited Debug Information".
Edigest MCE

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 12:26 AM   in response to: Scott Pinkham in response to: Scott Pinkham
Scott Pinkham wrote:
What platform are you targeting? I've seen this behavior especially on Android, but not so much on the others. Also make sure the "Debug Information" setting in the Project Options dialog is set to "Debug Information", not "Limited Debug Information".

I just checked and it's "Debug information", I'm targeting Win32, but the problem is still there when I target Win64 or Android ....
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02