Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Working with Delphi on different sized monitors.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jun 2, 2017 3:01 AM Last Post By: Serhij Gajdosh
Serhij Gajdosh

Working with Delphi on different sized monitors.
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 2, 2017 12:41 AM
Hello. For the first time during my 10 year-long wannabe-programming I stumbled into such a situation. I started a project at home and made it's main window fullscreen. My home mon is 1920. Now at work my mon is 1366. So I realized that my main form is cut in IDE, and cut in runtime. Trying setting it's width and heigth to fullhd in IDE thinking like you know you can stretch things in paint :) and scroll it, I thought it would work here, but no :(.
Before this I always worked on the same-sized monitors... It is very sad that nothing can be done with this.
Roy Lambert

Re: Working with Delphi on different sized monitors.
  Posted: Jun 2, 2017 12:55 AM   in response to: Serhij Gajdosh in response to: Serhij Gajdosh
Serhij

No consolation but if you think that's bad wait until you hit 100% vs 125% vs 150% screen sizing or moving between "normal" screens and a 4k one.

My answer to this sort of problem is ElasticForm which is no longer supported (or supplied)

Roy Lambert

Serhij Gajdosh

Re: Working with Delphi on different sized monitors.
  Posted: Jun 2, 2017 3:01 AM   in response to: Roy Lambert in response to: Roy Lambert
Roy Lambert wrote:
Serhij

No consolation but if you think that's bad wait until you hit 100% vs 125% vs 150% screen sizing or moving between "normal" screens and a 4k one.

My answer to this sort of problem is ElasticForm which is no longer supported (or supplied)

Roy Lambert

I'm not saying that's a problem, no, but a big surprise. Most part of the surprise was that even the IDE cuts the form according to current monitor max res scale...
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02