Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Checks and glyphs disappearing from StringGrid

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: May 31, 2017 2:05 AM Last Post By: Shanil M
Shanil M

Checks and glyphs disappearing from StringGrid
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 18, 2017 12:15 AM
Hi I am using 10.1 Berlin Version 24.0.25048.9432.

There is one final bug in StringGrid before I deploy my application to the android App Store. I cannot reproduce this bug under any conditions, but what I find is that intermittently the checks and glyphs disappear from my StringGrid, and there is only text left in the string column. There is no way to get them back at runtime, and only restarting the app works to get them back. Did anyone else find this bug and a way to fix it?

thanks
Shanil
Eli M

Re: Checks and glyphs disappearing from StringGrid
  Posted: May 21, 2017 9:19 PM   in response to: Shanil M in response to: Shanil M
The bug has to do with styles. When it is a single control like a TCheckBox or a TEdit you can fix the problem by right clicking on the control and doing Create Custom Style. You don't have to change it just create the custom style so that the style is unique and doesn't conflict with other controls of the exact same type.

With a TStringGrid I'm not sure what the fix might be. You could try a TTMSFMXLiveGrid or some other third party grid control like https://github.com/Steema/TeeGrid
Shanil M

Re: Checks and glyphs disappearing from StringGrid
  Posted: May 31, 2017 2:05 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Hi Eli

I made the change as you suggested and will test. This is the only stringgrid in my app. I can't use any other component as I've already written too much code around it.

thanks
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02