Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Unwanted borders around panels - how to remove them?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: May 22, 2017 1:46 AM Last Post By: Robert [NL] Mit...
Frank Yingst

Unwanted borders around panels - how to remove them?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 17, 2017 4:43 PM
All of the TPanel panels on my app have borders around them. I don't see any way to remove them. I am using the Berlin version. Any ideas, or do most people prefer the borders?
Startek Startek

Re: Unwanted borders around panels - how to remove them?  
  Posted: May 17, 2017 6:27 PM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
Perhaps use a TLayout instead of a TPanel. You might be able to do
something with styles for a TPanel but I don't understand styles yet
within FMX.

Reiner

On 18/05/2017 9:43 AM, Frank Yingst wrote:

All of the TPanel panels on my app have borders around them. I don't see any way to remove them. I am using the Berlin version. Any ideas, or do most people prefer the borders?
Roy Woll

Posted: May 20, 2017 9:14 AM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
You could use set the TPanel's stylelookup property to something like 'imagecellstyle' or 'layoutstyle'. They both don't use borders. They determine how the control is displayed. Try experimenting with different lookupstyle values for the one you want.

Roy Woll
Woll2Woll Software
Robert [NL] Mit...

Helpful
  Posted: May 21, 2017 4:39 AM   in response to: Roy Woll in response to: Roy Woll
Roy Woll wrote:
You could use set the TPanel's stylelookup property to something like 'imagecellstyle' or 'layoutstyle'. They both don't use borders. They determine how the control is displayed. Try experimenting with different lookupstyle values for the one you want.

Roy Woll
Woll2Woll Software

I use TRectangle. It gives you better control on borders and colors (and you can still use styles with them, but look before you leap: use of Delphi styles is pretty complicated and badly documented).
Frank Yingst

Posted: May 21, 2017 5:16 PM   in response to: Robert [NL] Mit... in response to: Robert [NL] Mit...
I tried out the TRectangle. Setting the fill color to Null makes it look right for the background color. Still seeing borders. I'll have to do more experimenting.
Eli M

Posted: May 21, 2017 9:13 PM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
You can change the Stroke to None to get rid of the TRectangle border. Stroke and Fill = Border and Background.

A TLayout is a transparent (no background no border) TRectangle.
Robert [NL] Mit...

Posted: May 22, 2017 1:46 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
You can change the Stroke to None to get rid of the TRectangle border. Stroke and Fill = Border and Background.

A TLayout is a transparent (no background no border) TRectangle.

With the Sides property of TRectangle you can easily turn borders on or off. At design time just uncheck Left, Right, Top and Bottom, At run time: Rectangle1.Sides := [];
Frank Yingst

Posted: May 21, 2017 5:36 PM   in response to: Roy Woll in response to: Roy Woll
Roy Woll wrote:

Roy Woll
Woll2Woll Software

That's not one of the 3 choices.

Posted: May 21, 2017 4:34 PM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
Frank Yingst wrote:

I second the use of TRectangle instead, I really see no use for TPanel, its inflexible and a poor upgrade from the VCL equivalent.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02