Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: RAD Studio 10.2 Hotfix - destroyed my dev environment?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: May 16, 2017 9:35 AM Last Post By: Marko Majic Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Marko Majic

RAD Studio 10.2 Hotfix - destroyed my dev environment?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 16, 2017 7:39 AM
I just installed the "April 2017 RAD Studio 10.2 Hotfix for Toolchain Issues" and, far from fixing any toolchain issues, it completely buggered up my dev environment. Specifically:
- It does not look like "Working Directory" is being set any more (from Run|Parameters) which is quite essential for my projects (as they won't start unless their current directory contains a set of configuration files)
- Debugger has gone completely rogue! There were some minor issues with debugging prior to this "hotfix" but now debugging just doesn't work at all - a breakpoint appears to stop the execution at the correct point but none of the variables are evaluated and each step through (F8) just brings up a random VCL or STL source file...

Has anyone else experienced problems with this hotfix? Are there any instructions on how to roll it back?

My installation is pretty straightforward - RAD Studio 10.2 web install and (now) this hotfix (on Windows 10 x64)...

Marko
Andy Walker

Re: RAD Studio 10.2 Hotfix - destroyed my dev environment?  
  Posted: May 16, 2017 8:03 AM   in response to: Marko Majic in response to: Marko Majic
Marko Majic wrote:
I just installed the "April 2017 RAD Studio 10.2 Hotfix for Toolchain Issues" and, far from fixing any toolchain issues, it completely buggered up my dev environment. Specifically:
- It does not look like "Working Directory" is being set any more (from Run|Parameters) which is quite essential for my projects (as they won't start unless their current directory contains a set of configuration files)
- Debugger has gone completely rogue! There were some minor issues with debugging prior to this "hotfix" but now debugging just doesn't work at all - a breakpoint appears to stop the execution at the correct point but none of the variables are evaluated and each step through (F8) just brings up a random VCL or STL source file...

Has anyone else experienced problems with this hotfix? Are there any instructions on how to roll it back?

My installation is pretty straightforward - RAD Studio 10.2 web install and (now) this hotfix (on Windows 10 x64)...

Marko

Trying doing a Clean and full rebuild. I had issues that were solved by taking those steps.

Andy
Marko Majic

Posted: May 16, 2017 9:35 AM   in response to: Andy Walker in response to: Andy Walker
Thanks Andy - I did, indeed, do a Clean and Build All before I attempted to debug. However, it looks like a workstation re-boot (several, actually) were needed...

Marko
Marko Majic

Posted: May 16, 2017 9:10 AM   in response to: Marko Majic in response to: Marko Majic
Never mind - looks like a couple of successive workstation re-boots have done the trick. It appears to be working fine now...

Marko
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02