Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Rave Reports printbitmaprect runs application message queue

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: May 12, 2017 9:06 AM Last Post By: George Winkler
Ed Deighton

Rave Reports printbitmaprect runs application message queue  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 4, 2017 7:43 AM
In Delphi 2010 using Rave Reports 7.7BE

In a command handler I am using a TBaseReport.PrintBitmapRect to render a bitmap.

PrintBitmapRect runs the application message queue causing arbitrary messages to be processed i.e. pending updates, event handlers etc.

Is there any way to stop this?

Regards,
Ed Deighton

Edited by: Ed Deighton on May 5, 2017 7:02 AM
George Winkler

Re: Rave Reports printbitmaprect runs application message queue  
  Posted: May 5, 2017 7:20 AM   in response to: Ed Deighton in response to: Ed Deighton
Are you using RVSystem? If so, do you have the proper code in the "OnDecodeImage" property?

George

Ed Deighton wrote:
In Delphi 2010 using Rave Reports 7.7BE

In a command handler I am using a TBaseReport.PrintBitmapRect to render a bitmap.

PrintBitmapRect runs the application message queue causing arbitrary messages to be processed i.e. pending updates, event handlers etc.

Is there any way to stop this?

Regards,
Ed Deighton

Edited by: Ed Deighton on May 5, 2017 7:02 AM
Ed Deighton

Posted: May 8, 2017 8:35 AM   in response to: George Winkler in response to: George Winkler
Hi George. Thanks for taking an interest.

The program contains a TRvRenderPDF and a TRvNDRWriter.

I overrode OnDecodeImage of the TRvNDRWriter and it is never called.
George Winkler

Posted: May 8, 2017 10:51 AM   in response to: Ed Deighton in response to: Ed Deighton
I have used TRvRenderPDF with RvSystem but the OnDecodeImage code must ALSO be on the TRvRenderPDF. In my case I am using JPG files.

George

Ed Deighton wrote:
Hi George. Thanks for taking an interest.

The program contains a TRvRenderPDF and a TRvNDRWriter.

I overrode OnDecodeImage of the TRvNDRWriter and it is never called.
Ed Deighton

Posted: May 11, 2017 9:40 AM   in response to: George Winkler in response to: George Winkler
I do not see how OnDecodeImage is related to the problem of PrintBitmapRect causing the application message queue to be run. Are you suggesting that somehow the component detects that OnDecodeImage is not overridden and thus dynamically dispatches to a solution for converting images that requires pumping the application message queue?

All that is required is for the rave reports api to be used to render an image. I see no reason why this could possibly require it to run the application message queue. I have had no response from nevrona.
George Winkler

Helpful
  Posted: May 12, 2017 9:06 AM   in response to: Ed Deighton in response to: Ed Deighton
I removed the code from the OnDecodeImage and ran my app. I got no messages but also got no images printed. Seems to me there has to be something else involved in causing the message. I am surprised you got no response from Nevrona. They always got back to me. Try again. I have a number for them, not sure if it is still good.

480-491-5492
888-776-4765

George

Ed Deighton wrote:
I do not see how OnDecodeImage is related to the problem of PrintBitmapRect causing the application message queue to be run. Are you suggesting that somehow the component detects that OnDecodeImage is not overridden and thus dynamically dispatches to a solution for converting images that requires pumping the application message queue?

All that is required is for the rave reports api to be used to render an image. I see no reason why this could possibly require it to run the application message queue. I have had no response from nevrona.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02