Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Adding to a listbox, does not work on OSX, works in the rest of platforms.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: May 11, 2017 3:14 PM Last Post By: Francisco Peris
Francisco Aparisi

Adding to a listbox, does not work on OSX, works in the rest of platforms.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 10, 2017 11:59 AM
I am adding elements to a listbox in a fmx app that runs on Windows, iOS, Android and OSX.

form1.listbox1.items.add('2')

I can see how the elements are added on Windows, iOS and Android. I see the listbox increasing its length and all items are visible on Android, iOS and Windows.

However, on OSX, exactly the same code, does not work properly. The listbox does not show the elements. In addition, if I click on the listbox item to copy the value to a Tedit, then I see that the item has the correct content.

Therefore, the problem is displaying the items in the listview

I have tried some things with no result. For example adding listbox1.repaint, listbox1.beginupdate - endupdate... I do not need to add this lines in the other platforms..but just trying something.

How can be possible that does not work only in OSX.

Any idea? I am working with Tokyo.

Edited by: Francisco Aparisi on May 10, 2017 12:02 PM
Francisco Peris

Re: Adding to a listbox, does not work on OSX, works in the rest of platforms.  
  Posted: May 11, 2017 9:51 AM   in response to: Francisco Aparisi in response to: Francisco Aparisi
I add more information.

If I set the opacity of the Llistview to a value less than 0.8 then I can see barely the items. In this case I can see the items with the same quality (poor) than in Windows. But of course this is not a solution.

So the items are there...but only in OSX they cannot be visible for some reason.

In addition, if I create another Listview, I have the same problem. Items not visible.

Please, give me some ideas. Why the compiler makes this mistake for OSX? So strange....

Edited by: Francisco Peris on May 11, 2017 10:02 AM
Douglas Rudd

Helpful
  Posted: May 11, 2017 1:18 PM   in response to: Francisco Aparisi in response to: Francisco Aparisi
I'm not having that problem.

Does it work if you set it at design time?

Does it work in a dropdown box?

Tokyo, OSX 10.12.4
SDK 10.12.4
Francisco Peris

Posted: May 11, 2017 3:14 PM   in response to: Douglas Rudd in response to: Douglas Rudd
Douglas Rudd wrote:
I'm not having that problem.

Does it work if you set it at design time?

Does it work in a dropdown box?

Tokyo, OSX 10.12.4
SDK 10.12.4

Hi. Thanks a lot for your answer.

If in the procedure form.create I destroy this listbox and then I create a new one...it works!!!I I can see the items now.

So there is something wrong in the original listbox that produces non visible items ONLY for OSX.

So, so strange.

Any idea where I should have a look?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02