Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Increased font size on TEdit but control refuses to resize to fit it

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: May 9, 2017 2:34 PM Last Post By: Markus Humm
Frank Yingst

Increased font size on TEdit but control refuses to resize to fit it  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 7, 2017 9:15 AM
The text does not display properly because the control refuses to have its Height set to anything larger than 32. I'm still using Berlin.

This is a fmx application. It displays fine as a Windows app -- it's just this is supposed to be a Android app. I can resize the TEdit any size I want as Windows -- it's just in Android where it's locked to 32 for a 4 inch phone.

My application is attempting to show a digital clock with hours minutes and seconds but all I see is a sliver of the time. Is there some other control I should be using? Perhaps a TLabel. I think that might be a good choice. I'm going to go with the TLabel and see if that helps.

If anyone knows which of the included fonts comes closest to a digital clock font let me know. If I find one I will post it here. It's a very tedious task to choose each font to try, and for some unknown reason using the scroll button doesn't work in the drop down box nor the down and up arrows. OCR A Extended seemed like a good choice but it doesn't actually show that way on the phone. I finally just went with the StyledSettings choice for the Family since none of the others worked anyway.
Scott Pinkham

Re: Increased font size on TEdit but control refuses to resize to fit it  
  Posted: May 7, 2017 1:01 PM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
Frank Yingst wrote:
The text does not display properly because the control refuses to have its Height set to anything larger than 32. I'm still using Berlin.

This is a fmx application. It displays fine as a Windows app -- it's just this is supposed to be a Android app. I can resize the TEdit any size I want as Windows -- it's just in Android where it's locked to 32 for a 4 inch phone.

My application is attempting to show a digital clock with hours minutes and seconds but all I see is a sliver of the time. Is there some other control I should be using? Perhaps a TLabel. I think that might be a good choice. I'm going to go with the TLabel and see if that helps.

If anyone knows which of the included fonts comes closest to a digital clock font let me know. If I find one I will post it here. It's a very tedious task to choose each font to try, and for some unknown reason using the scroll button doesn't work in the drop down box nor the down and up arrows. OCR A Extended seemed like a good choice but it doesn't actually show that way on the phone. I finally just went with the StyledSettings choice for the Family since none of the others worked anyway.

The size of the TEdit control is coming from the style -- if you want to change the size, simply edit the StyledSettings property and uncheck the "Size" option. Since you are using this for display purposes only (not entering a value), use the TText component (in the Shapes page of the Tool Palette) -- it gives you complete control over how the text looks.

-Scott
Douglas Rudd

Re: Increased font size on TEdit but control refuses to resize to fit it  
  Posted: May 7, 2017 1:11 PM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
You can use the scale property to make it bigger.
Markus Humm

Re: Increased font size on TEdit but control refuses to resize to fit it [Edit]  
  Posted: May 9, 2017 2:34 PM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
Am 07.05.2017 um 19:30 schrieb Frank Yingst:

I guess Scott is right, but something additional: did you already check
the platform default setting? Afaik if on it makes the control stay at
the platform default size.

It's a bit late already, so I diond't look up the exact name of this
property, but it has "platform" in it...

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02