Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: View a Crystal Report in Delphi

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: May 1, 2017 8:14 AM Last Post By: Mark Lloret
David Cox

View a Crystal Report in Delphi  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 22, 2015 7:49 AM
Hello,

I am trying to create a simple app that will view Crystal Reports in Delphi XE 2. I thought it would be an easy task to add a Crystal Component, but I am having trouble once I add the Crystal ActiveX viewer to a form.

What I did was:

1. Created a new package called Crystal.
2. Selected Import Component and then:
-- 1. Import a Type Library
-- 2. Selected Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer 11.5
-- 3. Selected Create Wrapped and a palette page Crystal.
3. Add the created CrystalActiveXReportViewerLib11_5_TBL to the Crystal BPL “Contains”
4. For “Requires”, I selected Designide.dcp, RTL.dcp, and vcl.dcp.
5. Build and installed component.

The above builds and installs correctly. I then open a new VCL project and I can select the Crystal report viewer to place on the form. One strange thing is once it is on the form I cannot click on the Crystal component to select it and must select it the Structure list.

My project compiles correctly, but when it runs the Crystal viewer component shows up as a blank square on the form.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Dave

Edited by: David Cox on Nov 22, 2015 10:49 AM
David Cox

Re: View a Crystal Report in Delphi  
  Posted: Nov 23, 2015 11:46 AM   in response to: David Cox in response to: David Cox
OK, dumb move on my part. I had installed Delphi 10 and messed up the Crystal package I had created. Problem solved.
Dijana Mitevska

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 5:40 AM   in response to: David Cox in response to: David Cox
Helllo,
I am trying to create a simple app that will view Crystal Reports in Delphi XE 2.
Can Help me how to import crystal reprot in delphi xe?

Tank you.
Mark Lloret

Posted: May 1, 2017 8:14 AM   in response to: David Cox in response to: David Cox
Did you ever figure out why you can't select the viewer component without going through the Object Inspector or the Structure List?

David Cox wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to create a simple app that will view Crystal Reports in Delphi XE 2. I thought it would be an easy task to add a Crystal Component, but I am having trouble once I add the Crystal ActiveX viewer to a form.

What I did was:

1. Created a new package called Crystal.
2. Selected Import Component and then:
-- 1. Import a Type Library
-- 2. Selected Crystal ActiveX Report Viewer 11.5
-- 3. Selected Create Wrapped and a palette page Crystal.
3. Add the created CrystalActiveXReportViewerLib11_5_TBL to the Crystal BPL “Contains”
4. For “Requires”, I selected Designide.dcp, RTL.dcp, and vcl.dcp.
5. Build and installed component.

The above builds and installs correctly. I then open a new VCL project and I can select the Crystal report viewer to place on the form. One strange thing is once it is on the form I cannot click on the Crystal component to select it and must select it the Structure list.

My project compiles correctly, but when it runs the Crystal viewer component shows up as a blank square on the form.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Dave

Edited by: David Cox on Nov 22, 2015 10:49 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02