Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Rad/Delphi Studio 10.1 Instalation Error

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Apr 21, 2017 3:14 AM Last Post By: David Harper Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Stavros Bakirtz...

Rad/Delphi Studio 10.1 Instalation Error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 8, 2016 4:44 AM
I am trying to install Delphi Starter, and it keep failing at the same point. I choose platform (+Delphi Windows 32-bit Starter+) and click continue and then install.
At the next screen the wizard is trying to download and throws
Operation Error : Cannot load data from the server: Problem extracting compressed file. Downloaded file seems to be corrupted.

I have downloaded the installer a couple of times and every time i get the same error.

The same happens if i also try to install RAD Studio 10 Trial.
David Harper

Re: Rad/Delphi Studio 10.1 Instalation Error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 21, 2017 3:12 AM   in response to: Stavros Bakirtz... in response to: Stavros Bakirtz...
I have the same problem.

This is so annoying, it gets 218 MB through the help files download, then fails. AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. Always restarting from the beginning.

Embacadero, please make it continue from the point of failure (i,e. 218 MB), or make the installer 600MB (include the Help Files and Samples).

This and the removal of basic editor refactoring/navigation functionality in the Starter Edition (why would you do that?!) makes for a really bad impression on Developers coming from VS Community (Free), PyCharm (Free), IntelliJ Community (Free), Android Studio (Free), XCode (Free), Netbeans (Free), etc.

Grateful Starter Edition is free, but it's almost unusable in this state.

Edited by: David Harper on Apr 21, 2017 3:13 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02