Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Access violation at address 0070ABD2 in module 'emsserverapi250.bpl'.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Apr 19, 2017 3:29 PM Last Post By: Andy Walker Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Andy Walker

Access violation at address 0070ABD2 in module 'emsserverapi250.bpl'.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 8, 2017 4:16 AM
C++ Builder Tokyo 10.2

Open C++ Sample SampleEMSFireDACResourcePackageCpp, press Run, the EMS Development Server starts up with the following output;

{"ConfigLoaded":{"Filename":"C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\EMS\emsserver.ini","Thread":7508}}
{"DBConnection":{"InstanceName":"","Filename":"C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\EMS\emsserver.ib","Thread":7508}}
{"Licensing":{"Licensed":false,"DefaultMaxUsers":5,"Thread":7508}}
{"Loading":{"Filename":"C:\Users\Andy\Desktop\svn\CPP\Database\EMS\FireDACResource\.\Win32\Debug\SampleEMSFireDACResourcePackageCpp.bpl","Thread":7508}}
{"Error":{"Type":"Other","Exception":"EAccessViolation","Message":"Access violation at address 0070ABD2 in module 'emsserverapi250.bpl'. Read of address 0000000C","Thread":7508}}
{"RegResource":{"Resource":"Version","Endpoints":["GetVersion"],"Thread":7508}}
{"RegResource":{"Resource":"API","Endpoints":["API","GetAPIYAMLFormat EndPoint","GetAPIYAMLFormat","GetAPIJSONFormat"],"Thread":7508}}
{"RegResource":{"Resource":"Users","Endpoints":["GetUsers","GetUser","GetUserFields","GetUserGroups","SignupUser","LoginUser","AddUser","UpdateUser","DeleteUser"],"Thread":7508}}
{"RegResource":{"Resource":"Groups","Endpoints":["GetGroups","GetGroup","GetGroupFields","AddGroup","UpdateGroup","DeleteGroup"],"Thread":7508}}
{"RegResource":{"Resource":"Installations","Endpoints":["GetInstallations","GetChannels","GetInstallationFields","GetInstallation","AddInstallation","UpdateInstallation","DeleteInstallation"],"Thread":7508}}
{"RegResource":{"Resource":"Push","Endpoints":["Send"],"Thread":7508}}
{"RegResource":{"Resource":"Edgemodules","Endpoints":["GetModules","GetModule","GetResources","GetModuleResources","GetModulesFields","GetResourcesFields","GetModuleResource","RegisterModule","RegisterModuleResource","UpdateModule","UpdateModuleResource","UnregisterModule","UnregisterModuleResource","GetResourceEndpoint","GetResourceEndpointItem","PutResourceEndpoint","PutResourceEndpointItem","PostResourceEndpoint","PostResourceEndpointItem","PatchResourceEndpoint","PatchResourceEndpointItem","DeleteResourceEndpoint","DeleteResourceEndpointItem"],"Thread":7508}}

So the offending line is causing me concern;

{"Error":{"Type":"Other","Exception":"EAccessViolation","Message":"Access violation at address 0070ABD2 in module 'emsserverapi250.bpl'. Read of address 0000000C","Thread":7508}}

At this point any request to retrieve the "test" resource fails with the following;

{"Error":{"Type":"HTTP","Code":"404","Reason":"Error","Error":"Resource not found: /test","Description":"The request does not identify a known application, resource, endpoint, or entity","Thread":7948}}

Have any C++ Builder people managed to get this working?

Just to add, I think this might only have been broken since I allowed the EMS Server to upgrade the ems DB "emsserver.ib". I think it might have been working previously.

Andy

Edited by: Andy Walker on Apr 8, 2017 4:21 AM
Andy Walker

Re: Access violation at address 0070ABD2 in module 'emsserverapi250.bpl'.  
  Posted: Apr 8, 2017 2:20 PM   in response to: Andy Walker in response to: Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 5:18 PM   in response to: Andy Walker in response to: Andy Walker
I think it might be because the TenantAuthorization properties on TEMSResourceAttributes are NULL and it seems to use these once the emsserver db has been upgraded to version 1.3

Is it possible to download a 1.21 version of emsserver.ib from somewhere to test this? I unfortunately overwrote mine before taking a backup.
Andy Walker

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 3:18 PM   in response to: Andy Walker in response to: Andy Walker
Am I really the ONLY C++ Builder developer who has tried to create an EMS resource in 10.2 TOKYO?

It worked in Berlin but it just doesn't work in Tokyo and nobody else seems to have noticed!

Does anybody else have the time to give this a try please?

1. File...New
2. click Other
3. Click EMS Folder
4. Click EMS Package
5. Create Package With Resource
6. Next
7. Resource Name: test
8. Next
9. Finish
10. Run

Do you see an error in the EMS Development Server output?

Or can somebody attach a copy of their C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\EMS\EMSSERVER.IB file so that I can at least try to figure out what is going on here please?

Andy

Edited by: Andy Walker on Apr 19, 2017 3:26 PM

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02