Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Sendfile fails in 14.1.9 and 14.1.11 in Delphi Tokyo Enterprise

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Apr 30, 2017 8:30 AM Last Post By: Michael Schumann
Michael Schumann

Sendfile fails in 14.1.9 and 14.1.11 in Delphi Tokyo Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 18, 2017 11:38 AM
I migrated an application from Berlin to Tokyo, no recompile was required. Unfortunately I now discovered that allf functions using Sendfile do no longer work. No error is raised. The files exists, no code change from the Berlin version. The browser changes to a 404 File not found - page.
Alexandre Machado

Re: Sendfile fails in 14.1.9 and 14.1.11 in Delphi Tokyo Enterprise  
  Posted: Apr 22, 2017 8:53 PM   in response to: Michael Schumann in response to: Michael Schumann
Michael Schumann wrote:
I migrated an application from Berlin to Tokyo, no recompile was required. Unfortunately I now discovered that allf functions using Sendfile do no longer work. No error is raised. The files exists, no code change from the Berlin version. The browser changes to a 404 File not found - page.

I cannot recreate this. Can you show me some code?

Can you recreate this using a simple test case application?

All our test cases using TIWApplication.SendFile() method work when compiled with Delphi 10.2. Tokyo.
Michael Schumann

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 9:09 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
The code is extremly simple. The app uses basic auth and ssl. I also use IWBootstrap. On a click of a button in async-event I create an excel file with a temp name and send it to the client. No magic.

I checked my version control and discovered that I made changes to the SSL configuration - perhaps the customer and me did not realize that it is no longer working thereafter. Unfortunately I cannot test as I already deleted 10.1 from my machine.

I had to change the configuation as IE, Safari and Firefox complained. I post an other Question on that topic.
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 6:09 PM   in response to: Michael Schumann in response to: Michael Schumann
Michael Schumann wrote:
The code is extremly simple. The app uses basic auth and ssl. I also use IWBootstrap. On a click of a button in async-event I create an excel file with a temp name and send it to the client. No magic.

I checked my version control and discovered that I made changes to the SSL configuration - perhaps the customer and me did not realize that it is no longer working thereafter. Unfortunately I cannot test as I already deleted 10.1 from my machine.

I had to change the configuation as IE, Safari and Firefox complained. I post an other Question on that topic.

Hi Michael,

We detected an issue with IW file caching mechanism which can cause such problems. It is fixed now and we are going to release an update ASAP. I'll keep you informed.
Alexandre Machado

Helpful
  Posted: Apr 28, 2017 8:19 AM   in response to: Michael Schumann in response to: Michael Schumann
Please download and install latest update: http://www.atozed.com/blog-post/14-1-13/

It should fix this issue
Michael Schumann

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 8:30 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
It should fix this issue

... so it did. Thank you very much for your quick support!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02