Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: OpenCV

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Dec 27, 2017 5:02 PM Last Post By: Keith Dopson Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
James Williams

OpenCV  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 7, 2017 5:13 AM
Has anyone successfully worked with OpenCV in C++ Builder? Is there any kind of cross conversion available for this powerful camera library?

Thanks
Roger Dunk

Re: OpenCV  
  Posted: Apr 15, 2017 5:41 AM   in response to: James Williams in response to: James Williams
If you use the pre-compiled DLL's, OpenCV 2 works fine using the C API.

If you are attempting to build OpenCV with C++ Builder, I would suggest that it's probably not worth your while. Having said that, when I first had a look at it a couple of years ago, I don't think CMake had any clang support. I believe it now does, so you might be in with an outside chance.

James Williams wrote:
Has anyone successfully worked with OpenCV in C++ Builder? Is there any kind of cross conversion available for this powerful camera library?

Thanks
Keith Dopson

Re: OpenCV  
  Posted: Dec 27, 2017 5:02 PM   in response to: James Williams in response to: James Williams
James Williams wrote:

Thanks

Wanting to use the newer 3.4,, released just days ago, I wasted several days attempting ports to XE 10.1, both 32 and 64 - bit builds.

Finaly trashed all that, fired up Visual Stodio 17 and had the entire set working In less than 30 minutes, and built two applications from raw, in the next hour, complete with output of x- and y- coordinates into a file for post processing.

..In x64, btw.

At this point, I may again attempt connection from Builder, but there is little impetus to do so... I learned what I needed to know, and that Hough circle transform is pretty weak as pattern matching tool.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02