Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: MS ACCESS, DELPHXE10 - Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly in

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Apr 14, 2017 12:52 PM Last Post By: Douglas Rudd Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Robert Perkins

MS ACCESS, DELPHXE10 - Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly in  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 14, 2017 12:00 PM
I'm trying to use DELPHIXE10 and and TADOConnection to connect to an ACCESS 2000 compatible .MDB database. In a 32-bit program. I can see in the registry HKCR\Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 key installed. I've downloaded the 2010 redistribitable and also the 2007 patch and neither of those worked. I'm using 32-bit version of office on a 64-bit machine. But I'm also having trouble connecting to my 64-bit version of Access on a 64-bit machine. Running Windows 8.
Douglas Rudd

Re: MS ACCESS, DELPHXE10 - Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly in  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 14, 2017 12:52 PM   in response to: Robert Perkins in response to: Robert Perkins
When you go into Control Panel - Administrative Tools, do you see the ODBC Data Sources items? Does it say if they are 32-bit or 64-bit? If you open it and make a System DSN does it seem to work ok? Do you see the Access Driver in the list?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02