Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TChart on tab control hangs with slide animation

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Apr 10, 2017 4:24 AM Last Post By: Yeray Alonso
John Rimmer

TChart on tab control hangs with slide animation  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 5, 2017 3:51 AM
Hi All

I have Rad Studio 10 Seattle and if I put FMX TChart on a tab item and use slide animation to change tabs, the Chart does not appear until I click or tap the control.

I think this is the same bug reported here http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=974 which was supposedly fixed. However the Teechart Lite version included with Rad Studio 10 still appears to have the bug. Does anyone know of a fix for this.

Cheers
John
Yeray Alonso

Re: TChart on tab control hangs with slide animation  
  Posted: Apr 5, 2017 4:10 AM   in response to: John Rimmer in response to: John Rimmer
Hi John,

John Rimmer wrote:
I have Rad Studio 10 Seattle and if I put FMX TChart on a tab item and use slide animation to change tabs, the Chart does not appear until I click or tap the control.

I think this is the same bug reported here http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=974 which was supposedly fixed. However the Teechart Lite version included with Rad Studio 10 still appears to have the bug. Does anyone know of a fix for this.

I've just checked the application attached in the bug report #974 with RAD studio 10 Seattle and TeeChart Lite v2015.15.150420 (the version shipped with the IDE), and I can't reproduce the problem with it, can you?

--
Best Regards,

Yeray Alonso
Steema Software
Facebook, Twitter, GPlus, LinkedIn, YouTube, GitHub, RSS
Support Options
John Rimmer

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 5:32 AM   in response to: Yeray Alonso in response to: Yeray Alonso
Hi Yeray

If I run the application in bug 974 it works fine as is so I tried to make it more like my own application and found:.

If I change the TChart Align property to Client I get the problem, except in this case I get an access error if I mouse over the tab.

If I place the TChart on a panel I get the problem whether or not the Align property is set to Client.

If I remove the panel and set the Tchart Align property to none and reduce its size the problem goes away.

In my original application I was using next and previous tab actions but I am finding the same behaviour.

Cheers
John

Yeray Alonso wrote:
Hi John,

John Rimmer wrote:

I've just checked the application attached in the bug report #974 with RAD studio 10 Seattle and TeeChart Lite v2015.15.150420 (the version shipped with the IDE), and I can't reproduce the problem with it, can you?

--
Best Regards,

Yeray Alonso
Steema Software
Support Options
Yeray Alonso wrote:
Hi John,

John Rimmer wrote:

--
Best Regards,

Yeray Alonso
Steema Software
Support Options
Yeray Alonso

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 4:23 AM   in response to: John Rimmer in response to: John Rimmer
Hello John,

John Rimmer wrote:
If I run the application in bug 974 it works fine as is so I tried to make it more like my own application and found:.

If I change the TChart Align property to Client I get the problem, except in this case I get an access error if I mouse over the tab.

I've added this code to that test application and I can't reproduce the problem with v2017.21:

Chart1.Align:=TAlignLayout.Client;

John Rimmer wrote:
If I place the TChart on a panel I get the problem whether or not the Align property is set to Client.

I've added a TPanel to that test application and dropped a TChart into it. I run it and move the mouse around and everything seems to work fine.

https://s2.postimg.org/xkazg2bux/2017-04-10_13-21-50.gif

--
Best Regards,

Yeray Alonso
Steema Software
Support Options
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02