Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: [Resolved] Problem locating Android SDK API level

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Apr 2, 2017 6:11 AM Last Post By: Radoslav Boydev Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Radoslav Boydev

[Resolved] Problem locating Android SDK API level
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 29, 2017 7:12 AM
I'm using C++ Builder 10.2 Tokyo and I want to configure it to use Android SDK installed with Android Studio 2.3.
I'm following the instructions in the docwiki to add a new Android SDK, but when I reach the point where I need to select an Android API level, there is nothing to select from. I get this message "Cannot locate SDK API level" in the combo box.

I have done a lot of research on that and I figured out that Google made lot's of changes to the Android SDK.

Is there any solution for that from Embarcadero or should I use the old versions of the SDK/NDK?

Thanks in advance for any help

Edited by: Radoslav Boydev on Apr 2, 2017 6:10 AM
Antonio Estevez

Re: Problem locating Android SDK API level
  Posted: Mar 29, 2017 10:03 AM   in response to: Radoslav Boydev in response to: Radoslav Boydev
El 29/03/2017 a las 16:12, Radoslav Boydev escribió:
I'm using C++ Builder 10.2 Tokyo and I want to configure it to use Android SDK installed with Android Studio 2.3.
I'm following the instructions in the docwiki to add a new Android SDK, but when I reach the point where I need to select an Android API level, there is nothing to select from. I get this message "Cannot locate SDK API level" in the combo box.

I have done a lot of research on that and I figured out that Google made lot's of changes to the Android SDK.

Is there any solution for that from Embarcadero or should I use the old versions of the SDK/NDK?

1) Press the "Finish" button from the wizard to create the Android SDK.
2) Press the elipsis button [...] at the right of "SDK API-Level location"
3) Select the "Android-??" level forder that you want

Radoslav Boydev

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 11:03 AM   in response to: Antonio Estevez in response to: Antonio Estevez
Antonio Estevez wrote:

Yes, this is exactly what I did and now I have another error while compiling the application.
"Build FAILED.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\Bin\CodeGear.Cpp.Targets(3849,5): error MSB6006: "ld" exited with code 1."
Antonio Estevez

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 3:12 AM   in response to: Radoslav Boydev in response to: Radoslav Boydev
El 29/03/2017 a las 20:03, Radoslav Boydev escribió:
Antonio Estevez wrote:

Yes, this is exactly what I did and now I have another error while compiling the application.
"Build FAILED.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\Bin\CodeGear.Cpp.Targets(3849,5): error MSB6006: "ld" exited with code 1."

You probably have installed a 64-bit version of Android NDK.

But using a 32-bit version is not a solution: I tested with r10e, r11c
and r14b versions of the 32-bit Android NDK; the app is linked correctly
but it raises an exception class Segmentation fault (11) at start up on
a device with Android 4.3.

With Android NDK r9d works fine.

Radoslav Boydev

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 6:30 AM   in response to: Antonio Estevez in response to: Antonio Estevez
Antonio Estevez wrote:
El 29/03/2017 a las 20:03, Radoslav Boydev escribió:
Antonio Estevez wrote:

"Build FAILED.

You probably have installed a 64-bit version of Android NDK.

But using a 32-bit version is not a solution: I tested with r10e, r11c
and r14b versions of the 32-bit Android NDK; the app is linked correctly
but it raises an exception class Segmentation fault (11) at start up on
a device with Android 4.3.

With Android NDK r9d works fine.

Installing the latest Android SDK Platform-tools 25.0.4 and Build-tools 25.0.2 using the Android SDK tools 25.2.5 solved the problem. As far as I understand the issue comes when using the Android SDK tools 25.3.0+ which Android Studio naturally updates.

Now I can use the latest Android NDK r14b as well.

Edited by: Radoslav Boydev on Apr 2, 2017 6:04 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02