Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Entry "gds_db" not in services

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Mar 28, 2017 4:55 AM Last Post By: John MacDonald Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
John MacDonald

Entry "gds_db" not in services  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 25, 2017 5:59 AM
Hello Everyone:

I've just located an issue on several of my laptops that I have not been able to use to connect to my new server.

They are missing an entry gds_db 3050/tcp
It's easy enough to put this in and then things work just fine.

When making an install program, shall I just overwrite this file with my own that has the entry,
or shall I have to put code in my software to read the .ini file and inject it if it is not there?

What do others do in this case ?

--
JMAC out
Sriram Balasubr...

Re: Entry "gds_db" not in services  
  Posted: Mar 27, 2017 9:41 AM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
John,
Which version of InterBase are you using where you are observing this? If you are observing this with InterBase 2017, please log a bug report at quality.embarcadero.com, project "InterBase (IBP)".

You can add the entry manually to the services file. Alternatively, if it is a InterBase version XE or newer, you can just mention the port number (3050) in your database connection string without the "gds_db" as well.

Best wishes,
Sriram

John MacDonald wrote:
Hello Everyone:

I've just located an issue on several of my laptops that I have not been able to use to connect to my new server.

When making an install program, shall I just overwrite this file with my own that has the entry,
or shall I have to put code in my software to read the .ini file and inject it if it is not there?

--
JMAC out
John MacDonald

Re: Entry "gds_db" not in services  
  Posted: Mar 28, 2017 4:55 AM   in response to: Sriram Balasubr... in response to: Sriram Balasubr...
I am using XE3, but, I don't think that the issue is XE3.

It is likely my install authoring program.
I am working at the deployment stage of an application.

Obviously this needs to be checked and updated or perhaps the work around you discussed.

Thanks for jumping in. I look forward to moving to the new platforms.
It has been a big jump from the BDE to Firedac and Interbase.

John

Sriram Balasubramanian wrote:
John,
Which version of InterBase are you using where you are observing this? If you are observing this with InterBase 2017, please log a bug report at quality.embarcadero.com, project "InterBase (IBP)".

You can add the entry manually to the services file. Alternatively, if it is a InterBase version XE or newer, you can just mention the port number (3050) in your database connection string without the "gds_db" as well.

Best wishes,
Sriram

John MacDonald wrote:
Hello Everyone:

--
JMAC out

--
JMAC out
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02