Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: External Exception C06D007E

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Mar 22, 2017 5:12 AM Last Post By: Maxime Bonin
Maxime Bonin

External Exception C06D007E  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 21, 2017 1:31 PM
I'm testing a database migration tool I've built with Delphi XE8 : basically a Form with FireDac components (moves data from Advantage DB to Microsoft SQL Server)

My program runs perfectly when started from Delphi XE8 but I want to start it from the .EXE

I enter the filePath to the Advantage DB data folder and click OK. There's a popup asking me to enter Username and Password for the DB. No matter if I enter the right information or anything and click ok I get a popup from my program : External Exception C06D007E

I've read somewhere it might be because it doesn't have access to a DLL but can't understand what to do to solve this problem.

Help from you guys would be much appreciated.

Edited by: Maxime Bonin on Mar 21, 2017 6:03 PM
Maxime Bonin

Re: External Exception C06D007E  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 22, 2017 5:12 AM   in response to: Maxime Bonin in response to: Maxime Bonin
Basically I was missing Advantage DB DLL Files.

Solution : add the DLLs in the directory were my application .EXE was

Maxime Bonin wrote:
I'm testing a database migration tool I've built with Delphi XE8 : basically a Form with FireDac components (moves data from Advantage DB to Microsoft SQL Server)

My program runs perfectly when started from Delphi XE8 but I want to start it from the .EXE

I enter the filePath to the Advantage DB data folder and click OK. There's a popup asking me to enter Username and Password for the DB. No matter if I enter the right information or anything and click ok I get a popup from my program : External Exception C06D007E

I've read somewhere it might be because it doesn't have access to a DLL but can't understand what to do to solve this problem.

Help from you guys would be much appreciated.

Edited by: Maxime Bonin on Mar 21, 2017 6:03 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02