Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: deploying intraweb dll in iis no content display.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Mar 19, 2017 2:19 PM Last Post By: Alexandre Machado
Segundo Mercado

deploying intraweb dll in iis no content display.
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 5, 2017 6:16 AM
Hello guys, I've purchased intraweb ultimate 1 developer license. when I'm trying to deploy the dll in iis and run the site it show a blank page. there is no sign of error occurred. how do I fix this and show the content of the dll in the browser.
Alexandre Machado

Re: deploying intraweb dll in iis no content display.
  Posted: Mar 5, 2017 11:55 PM   in response to: Segundo Mercado in response to: Segundo Mercado
Segundo Mercado wrote:
Hello guys, I've purchased intraweb ultimate 1 developer license. when I'm trying to deploy the dll in iis and run the site it show a blank page. there is no sign of error occurred. how do I fix this and show the content of the dll in the browser.

Hi,

Does it work as SA?
Which version do you have installed?
Is your license correctly installed? (you can check the license building as SA and checking the log window)
Segundo Mercado

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 5:59 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Segundo Mercado wrote:

Hi,

Does it work as SA?
Is your license correctly installed? (you can check the license building as SA and checking the log window)

Hello thank you for your reply,

I'am using Intraweb version 14.1.7, and my license is working properly because When you execute the SA Server, you see a small UI, which can be used by the developer for debugging/testing purposes and it display the information which i registered for buying this third party tools
Segundo Mercado

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 6:22 AM   in response to: Segundo Mercado in response to: Segundo Mercado
Segundo Mercado wrote:
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Segundo Mercado wrote:

Hi,

Does it work as SA?

Hello thank you for your reply,

I'am using Intraweb version 14.1.7, and my license is working properly because When you execute the SA Server, you see a small UI, which can be used by the developer for debugging/testing purposes and it display the information which i registered for buying this third party tools

Guys,

its working now i just remove the isapithreadpool unit in the source of dll and its works now the content already show in the browser when you execute the url defined in iis.

Tom Smith

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 12:26 PM   in response to: Segundo Mercado in response to: Segundo Mercado
Segundo Mercado wrote:

I had the exact problem on Windows Server 2012 R2. It ended up being my ServerController CacheDir was invalid. If your CachDir can't be read or written to you will get a blank screen. Basically the app won't load.
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 2:05 PM   in response to: Tom Smith in response to: Tom Smith
Tom Smith wrote:
Segundo Mercado wrote:

I had the exact problem on Windows Server 2012 R2. It ended up being my ServerController CacheDir was invalid. If your CachDir can't be read or written to you will get a blank screen. Basically the app won't load.

We are working on it to improve the way IW detects and communicate such errors, i.e., show the exception information ("Invalid CacheDir") on browser. However, certain parts cannot work correctly if IW can't find an alternative path to do its basic things. For instance, if IW can't create a temporary file, it won't be able to do proper setup of its internal classes and structures to process a request and post a complete response. In this cases, the log file is and has always been important to identify the cause of the problem.

Also, certain informations just can't be shown in the browser for security reasons. For instance, the complete path of some resource, in theory should never be publicly revealed (unless the browser uses a local address, i.e. 127.0.0.1 or localhost), exactly what IW Exception handler/logger does when displaying sensitive information.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02