Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Displaying restore and the welcome page

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Mar 17, 2017 9:32 AM Last Post By: Dean Mangold Threads: [ Previous | Next ]

Displaying restore and the welcome page  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 24, 2015 8:20 AM
I have two issues that have been driving me up the wall to no end.

In 9.7.5, there is a welcome page that I have not been able to figure out how to disable. This DB Artisan instance is on a server that does not have access to the internet, and thus every time it launches, it freezes for several seconds, and then goes to a welcome page to complain about having access to the internet. The fact it freezes for several seconds is annoying. And having to close it to get to the object explorer is also annoying. Any adivce on how to not have the welcome page appear when DB Artisan is launched?

Also, in the same version (9.7.2 to be precise) I am no longer able to view the percentage progress of restores in Sybase. I can't confirm this is an issue with MS SQL as well, as I use management studio for that. But in older versions, db artisan used to tell me progress restored. And now that it does not, I am only guessing as to how long it is going to take. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Joseph Patton

Re: Displaying restore and the welcome page  
  Posted: Oct 15, 2015 6:30 AM   in response to: Registered User in response to: Registered User
Hello,

I upgraded to 9.7.5 within the last 2 months. I have also had trouble with the "Welcome Page". I have also had no success in figuring out how to disable it on startup. In my opinion, the "Tools -> Customize" or "Tools -> Options - > General" menu paths would seem to be the most logical places for that option.

In my situation, the DB Artisan 9.7.5 app stalls on startup, and at random times if I have the "Welcome Page" open. When I'm signed into my company network remotely using Microsoft Direct Access, I have no problems with the "Welcome Page". My best guess is that it has to do with the way my company's network filters web traffic. When I'm in the office, the first thing that I do when I launch DB Artisan 9.7.5 is click on 'View' from the menu and uncheck the 'Welcome Page'.

Registered User wrote:

In 9.7.5, there is a welcome page that I have not been able to figure out how to disable. This DB Artisan instance is on a server that does not have access to the internet, and thus every time it launches, it freezes for several seconds, and then goes to a welcome page to complain about having access to the internet. The fact it freezes for several seconds is annoying. And having to close it to get to the object explorer is also annoying. Any adivce on how to not have the welcome page appear when DB Artisan is launched?

Also, in the same version (9.7.2 to be precise) I am no longer able to view the percentage progress of restores in Sybase. I can't confirm this is an issue with MS SQL as well, as I use management studio for that. But in older versions, db artisan used to tell me progress restored. And now that it does not, I am only guessing as to how long it is going to take. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Philip Walker

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 8:23 AM   in response to: Registered User in response to: Registered User
Registered User wrote:

Re. the Welcome page, the following worked for me in RSQL 2016. A similar approach might work for DBArtisan.

1. Open Regedit
2. Go to \HKCU\Software\Embarcadero\Rapid SQL\16.0.0\Application
3. Create a new key called StartHere
4. Add a DWORD under StartHere called IsMDI and set the value to 1
5. Add a DWORD under StartHere called ShowOnStart and set the value to 0

Hope this helps.

PJW
marcus chow

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 3:17 PM   in response to: Registered User in response to: Registered User
The dreaded Welcome landing page.

You should be able to turn this off in the View menu, it's called the Welcome Page

Registered User wrote:

Dean Mangold

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 9:32 AM   in response to: Registered User in response to: Registered User
Registered User wrote:

Find the Gold/Yellow down arrow. (Next to the Red "e"). Click on the arrow and you'll be able to disable the Welcome screen.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02