Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?


This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 21 - Last Post: Mar 9, 2017 11:56 PM Last Post By: Frank Staal Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 6, 2017 2:02 AM
When I try to debug an iOS app on my iPhone I get the familiar

iOS output: err=Unable to mount developer disk image. (e800000e)

exception...

I should have known better than to update the thing, but alas done is done. When will PAServer be updated to iOS 10.2.1? Currently I am using the PAServer from Berlin Update 2.
Dave Nottage

Posts: 1,297
Registered: 1/7/00
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 6, 2017 3:30 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Frank Staal wrote:

iOS output: err=Unable to mount developer disk image. (e800000e)

exception...

I should have known better than to update the thing, but alas done is done. When will PAServer be updated to iOS
10.2.1? Currently I am using the PAServer from Berlin Update 2.

It means your Xcode is behind. For iOS 10.2 it needs to be at least Xcode 8.2

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 6, 2017 3:47 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
It means your Xcode is behind. For iOS 10.2 it needs to be at least Xcode 8.2

I forgot to mention that, but I am on Xcode 8.2.1. As far as AppStore is concerned the latest version.
Dave Nottage

Posts: 1,297
Registered: 1/7/00
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 6, 2017 4:04 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Frank Staal wrote:

It means your Xcode is behind. For iOS 10.2 it needs to be at least Xcode 8.2

I forgot to mention that, but I am on Xcode 8.2.1. As far as AppStore is concerned the latest version.

Can you do the following:

* Start Xcode
* Click Window|Devices in the menu
* Select your iPhone in the left hand pane

If a message comes up saying it's processing symbols, just wait until it finishes, then retry debugging from Delphi. If
that message doesn't come up, try disconnecting the device, and reconnecting it, then retry debugging. If that doesn't
work, you could try rebooting the PC and/or the Mac and iPhone.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 6, 2017 4:12 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
Can you do the following:

* Start Xcode
* Click Window|Devices in the menu
* Select your iPhone in the left hand pane

If a message comes up saying it's processing symbols, just wait until it finishes, then retry debugging from Delphi. If
that message doesn't come up, try disconnecting the device, and reconnecting it, then retry debugging. If that doesn't
work, you could try rebooting the PC and/or the Mac and iPhone.

I already did that way before. I have several Xcode apps, as Delphi doesn't support Apple Watch and such (yet?), and a few Delphi apps that have to be deployed to iOS. I can do what I want/need under Xcode, only the Delphi apps give trouble.
Steve Jordi

Posts: 90
Registered: 4/19/98
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 6, 2017 12:37 PM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
I already did that way before. I have several Xcode apps, as Delphi
doesn't support Apple Watch and such (yet?), and a few Delphi apps that
have to be deployed to iOS. I can do what I want/need under Xcode, only
the Delphi apps give trouble.

I do have Berlin 10.1 Update 2
XCode 8.2.1
PAServer 9.0.3.01
iOS 10.2.1 (14D27)

Everything compiles fine and installs on my iPhone and iPad.
When in Release mode, it doesn't launch the app automatically but it works
fine if you tap its icon.

Did you update the SDK from the IDE?
Tools > Options > SDK Manager > iPhoneOS 10.2 > Update Local File Cache
Or try to reinstall it
Tools > Options > SDK Manager > Add > select iPhoneOS 10.2 and OK

Works fine on the Mac as a target too.

--
--

Steve JORDI - MSc in Geophysics/Volcanology

Geneva, Switzerland / Portland, OR, USA

Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 1:28 AM   in response to: Steve Jordi in response to: Steve Jordi
Steve Jordi wrote:

PAServer 9.0.3.01

This is interesting. Mine is 9.0.2.03... I installed the version that came with Update 2. Where did yours come from?
Antonio Estevez

Posts: 478
Registered: 4/12/00
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 2:05 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
El 07/02/2017 a las 10:28, Frank Staal escribió:
Steve Jordi wrote:

PAServer 9.0.3.01

This is interesting. Mine is 9.0.2.03... I installed the version that came with Update 2. Where did yours come from?

A hotfix was released on December:

Debugger Hotfix for 10.1 Berlin for iOS 32-bit debugging
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30673
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 2:22 AM   in response to: Antonio Estevez in response to: Antonio Estevez
Antonio Estevez wrote:

A hotfix was released on December:

Debugger Hotfix for 10.1 Berlin for iOS 32-bit debugging
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30673

Thanks, downloaded, about to install. Only thing that bothers me... My iPhone is 64 bit, and I am deploying on iOSDevice64). WIll try though.
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 3:13 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Downloaded, executed and the Terminal keeps insisting it is PAServer 9.0.2.03 (even after a complete reboot of the Apple machine). And as expected the Unable to mount exception reshowed itself.
Antonio Estevez

Posts: 478
Registered: 4/12/00
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 3:30 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
El 07/02/2017 a las 12:13, Frank Staal escribió:
Downloaded, executed and the Terminal keeps insisting it is PAServer 9.0.2.03 (even after a complete reboot of the Apple machine). And as expected the Unable to mount exception reshowed itself.

Sorry, the hotfix for PAServer was released on January:

RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin Hotfix: 11 Jan 2017
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30680
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 4:57 AM   in response to: Antonio Estevez in response to: Antonio Estevez
Antonio Estevez wrote:
El 07/02/2017 a las 12:13, Frank Staal escribió:
Downloaded, executed and the Terminal keeps insisting it is PAServer 9.0.2.03 (even after a complete reboot of the Apple machine). And as expected the Unable to mount exception reshowed itself.

Sorry, the hotfix for PAServer was released on January:

RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin Hotfix: 11 Jan 2017
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30680

Still not :( Although the PAServer does show the higher version number. I've tried as iOSDevice64, iOSDevice32 under both iOS10.2 and iOS9.3, but none want to mount the debug image
Dave Nottage

Posts: 1,297
Registered: 1/7/00
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 7, 2017 11:33 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Frank Staal wrote:

Downloaded, executed and the Terminal keeps insisting it is PAServer 9.0.2.03 (even after a complete reboot of the
Apple machine)

Then you have not installed it correctly.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 9, 2017 2:15 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
Frank Staal wrote:

Downloaded, executed and the Terminal keeps insisting it is PAServer 9.0.2.03 (even after a complete reboot of the
Apple machine)

Then you have not installed it correctly.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog

I think I did it correctly, but I will take a look at it. Unfortunately I have been put on other more pressing stuff so it will have to wait a little...
Natkunasingam J...

Posts: 55
Registered: 3/5/00
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 10, 2017 5:58 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Frank Staal wrote:
Dave Nottage wrote:
Frank Staal wrote:

Downloaded, executed and the Terminal keeps insisting it is PAServer 9.0.2.03 (even after a complete reboot of the
Apple machine)

Then you have not installed it correctly.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog

I think I did it correctly, but I will take a look at it. Unfortunately I have been put on other more pressing stuff so it will have to wait a little...

I found that after applying Jan hot fix Delphi IDE message output windows it says as Platform Assistant Client Version 9.0.2.03
but in the mac side it is Platform Assistant Server Version 9.0.3.01

Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 14, 2017 12:06 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Frank Staal wrote:
Dave Nottage wrote:
Frank Staal wrote:

Downloaded, executed and the Terminal keeps insisting it is PAServer 9.0.2.03 (even after a complete reboot of the
Apple machine)

Then you have not installed it correctly.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog

I think I did it correctly, but I will take a look at it. Unfortunately I have been put on other more pressing stuff so it will have to wait a little...

Just to make sure I did it correct I re-did hte steps in the update. End result is that sometimesthe debugger starts, and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't it is with the already familiar message. Any ideas?
Steve Jordi

Posts: 90
Registered: 4/19/98
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 20, 2017 11:18 PM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Just to make sure I did it correct I re-did hte steps in the update.
End result is that sometimesthe debugger starts, and sometimes it
doesn't. If it doesn't it is with the already familiar message. Any
ideas?

Did you try to entierely remove all PAServer and Scratch-Dir from your
Mac then reinstall it, apply the fix, and suppress all
Entitlement.TemplateiOS files from your project directory, recompile
and check?

--
--

Steve JORDI - MSc in Geophysics/Volcanology

Geneva, Switzerland / Portland, OR, USA
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 7, 2017 4:55 AM   in response to: Steve Jordi in response to: Steve Jordi
Steve Jordi wrote:
Did you try to entierely remove all PAServer and Scratch-Dir from your
Mac then reinstall it, apply the fix, and suppress all
Entitlement.TemplateiOS files from your project directory, recompile
and check?

Finally got around to (re-)doing this. USed Easy Find to find every scratch an PAServer on my system and deleted them all insofar necessary. Reinstalled, applied the fix, deleted the Entitlements in my source dir (including the OSX one) rebuild, deploy... And once again, the too familiar message.

[edit]
Something weird I also notice is that the terminal tells me it is version 9.0.3.01 whereas the Output tab from Messages tells me it is 9.0.2.03... That looks definitely fishy.
[/edit]

Edited by: Frank Staal on Mar 7, 2017 1:55 PM
Dave Nottage

Posts: 1,297
Registered: 1/7/00
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1? [Edit]  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 7, 2017 12:01 PM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Frank Staal wrote:

Something weird I also notice is that the terminal tells me it is version 9.0.3.01 whereas the Output tab from
Messages tells me it is 9.0.2.03... That looks definitely fishy.

That's the client version, which is different from the server.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1? [Edit]  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 8, 2017 11:56 PM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:

That's the client version, which is different from the server.
Yeah, that's logical. I should have thought of that myself!

Still, the inability to debug still remains. :(
Dave Nottage

Posts: 1,297
Registered: 1/7/00
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1? [Edit]  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 9, 2017 1:03 PM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Frank Staal wrote:

Still, the inability to debug still remains. :(

Is the symptom still the same? i.e. Unable to mount developer disk image. (e800000e)

Confirming: you have iOS 10.2.1?

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Frank Staal

Posts: 107
Registered: 12/9/99
Re: PAServer and iOS 10.2.1? [Edit]  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 9, 2017 11:56 PM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
Frank Staal wrote:

Still, the inability to debug still remains. :(

Is the symptom still the same? i.e. Unable to mount developer disk image. (e800000e)

Confirming: you have iOS 10.2.1?

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Hints, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog

Yep and yep. It's still the inability o load the disk image and my iPhone tells me I have 10.2.1 (no updates available). /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platform/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport tells me there are disk images for 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, .9.3, 10.0, 10.2, 10.2. For Xcode there is no update available either, so as far as I am concerned I have the latest of the latest and it should work. This is also apparent as I can do anything I want in Xcode, and I can run the iOS Simulators from within Delphi in any of the aforementioned iOS versions. It just seems to hate an actual iPhone...
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02