Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: How to work with DirectX in C++ Builder XE?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Mar 9, 2017 2:08 AM Last Post By: Mike Versteeg Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Savva Dorovsky

How to work with DirectX in C++ Builder XE?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 4, 2016 10:50 PM
Previously I used DirectX in projects on Borland C++ Builder 6.0. Microsoft .libs don't work with Builder so I had to take special .lib files from here:
http://www.clootie.ru/cbuilder/index.html#DX_CBuilder_SDKs
But they are old: for 2007 DirectX SDK.

Now I have moved to C++ Builder XE4 and have to find a way to attach DirectX to project again.
I have searched the Web but found nothing on how to get access to DirectX in Embarcadero Builders, only old information on Borland Builder and these old .libs.
DirectX SDK .libs still can't be used with new Builder because of incompatible format.

My question is did anyone use DirectX in Embarcadero Builder and how did you solve .libs problem?
Can anyone give me a guide or example on how to make DirectX accessible in your project?
Why there is no information on this anywhere?
Jan Dijkstra

Re: How to work with DirectX in C++ Builder XE?  
  Posted: Jan 6, 2016 12:12 AM   in response to: Savva Dorovsky in response to: Savva Dorovsky
Savva Dorovsky wrote:
Previously I used DirectX in projects on Borland C++ Builder 6.0. Microsoft .libs don't work with Builder so I had to take special .lib files from here:

Now I have moved to C++ Builder XE4 and have to find a way to attach DirectX to project again.
I have searched the Web but found nothing on how to get access to DirectX in Embarcadero Builders, only old information on Borland Builder and these old .libs.
DirectX SDK .libs still can't be used with new Builder because of incompatible format.

My question is did anyone use DirectX in Embarcadero Builder and how did you solve .libs problem?
Can anyone give me a guide or example on how to make DirectX accessible in your project?

I've solved it by creating my own .lib files, using IMPLIB on the actual directX .DLL files.
Mahesh Naik

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 1:45 AM   in response to: Jan Dijkstra in response to: Jan Dijkstra
Jan Dijkstra wrote:
Savva Dorovsky wrote:

I've solved it by creating my own .lib files, using IMPLIB on the actual directX .DLL files.
Savva Dorovsky

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 11:02 PM   in response to: Savva Dorovsky in response to: Savva Dorovsky
Now I have moved to C++ Builder 10 Berlin (Starter edition) and have the same problem.
The situation with using DX doesn't get better.
Can someone describe the steps I need to successfully initiate DirectX in my project?
What libs, where to get and how to attach to the project?

Is there at all any manual on how to use DX in Builder?
It would be very helpful to find some working sample projects for C++ Builder 10 using DX.
Mike Versteeg

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 1:02 AM   in response to: Savva Dorovsky in response to: Savva Dorovsky
Savva Dorovsky wrote:
Now I have moved to C++ Builder 10 Berlin (Starter edition) and have the same problem.
The situation with using DX doesn't get better.

Did you add your vote to my QC request for better DX support? E.g. https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-10159 for upgraded D2D and https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-10158 if you need the canvas. And yes, I see they "resolved" this, as that's less work as fixing it. Have put in a request to "unresolve" this.

Edited by: Mike Versteeg on Mar 9, 2017 1:58 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02