Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Release Configuration vs Debug Configuration in Project Manager - Delphixe5

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Mar 9, 2017 4:14 AM Last Post By: Delbert Murray
Delbert Murray

Release Configuration vs Debug Configuration in Project Manager - Delphixe5  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 8, 2017 1:19 PM
I have checked the configuration in Project Options for Release and Debug. Release has debug option false. Debug had debug options true (checked).
In the Project Manager, I select "Release", click "Activate", right click and select "Build" ... I get a dll with debug info included. (look at dll size with windows explorer).
I can only get a dll with no debug info but turning debug off and on while "debug" is the selected build configuration in the project manager.

What do I not know ??? I cant get the build options in project manager to do what they should.

TIA,
Del
Ian Murphy

Re: Release Configuration vs Debug Configuration in Project Manager - Delphixe5  
  Posted: Mar 9, 2017 1:18 AM   in response to: Delbert Murray in response to: Delbert Murray
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 13:19:05 -0800, Delbert Murray <> wrote:

I have checked the configuration in Project Options for Release and Debug. Release has debug option false. Debug had debug options true (checked).
In the Project Manager, I select "Release", click "Activate", right click and select "Build" ... I get a dll with debug info included. (look at dll size with windows explorer).
I can only get a dll with no debug info but turning debug off and on while "debug" is the selected build configuration in the project manager.

What do I not know ??? I cant get the build options in project manager to do what they should.

TIA,
Del

Hi Del,

Rebuild the project (.proj) file, odd errors like this are often down
to corrupted or incorrect build file(s).

Smurf

Delbert Murray

Re: Release Configuration vs Debug Configuration in Project Manager - Delphixe5  
  Posted: Mar 9, 2017 4:14 AM   in response to: Delbert Murray in response to: Delbert Murray
Ok .. figured it out and it was "what I didn't know" .. lol

The output directory was set to a value that was not what I was expecting. By setting output directories and debug values correctly for both Debug and Release I was able to get exactly what I wanted. Sometimes we programmers don't have the time to look carefully at all these options cuz were so busy. Anyway, thought I'd post solution here for others ... just in case.

There are two ways to set the output directly. Either in the "All Configurations" level and then telling the other configurations to use that, or set it explicitly in each configuration. For me, I' do ISAPI development so I want them all going the the same Scripts directory. Once I got that right it worked like a champ.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02