Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Library problem in Android-App

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Feb 24, 2017 1:43 PM Last Post By: Chester Wilson
Jannik Ilsen

Library problem in Android-App  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 26, 2014 12:20 AM
Hi, I try to develope an android app (mobile FireMonkey) with Delphi XE6 and I have to use a library. I can compile everything, but while linking I get a realy bad mistake.

[DCC Fehler] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\14.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r10\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lnodave

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\14.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r10\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: C:\Users\Jannik\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projekte\Verbindung\Android\Debug\nodave.o: in function Nodave::daveStrerror(int):nodave(.text._ZN6Nodave12daveStrerrorEi+0x4): error: undefined reference to 'daveStrerror'

(same error for every funktion of the library- about 150 more)

so why does the linker cannot find the libnodave?
where is it supposed to be?

Thanks, and I hope anybody can help me and knows what to do...

Jannik
vladimir Srednikh

Re: Library problem in Android-App  
  Posted: Aug 30, 2014 11:25 AM   in response to: Jannik Ilsen in response to: Jannik Ilsen
Jannik Ilsen wrote:
Hi, I try to develope an android app (mobile FireMonkey) with Delphi XE6 and I have to use a library. I can compile everything, but while linking I get a realy bad mistake.

Can you compile empty project?
Peter Gates

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 10:52 AM   in response to: vladimir Srednikh in response to: vladimir Srednikh
vladimir Srednikh wrote:
Jannik Ilsen wrote:

Can you compile empty project?

I have a possibly similar problem. Just bought the Mobile Addon pack for Delphi Professional XE7 and can't even get an empty Android app to run on my Moto G (not tried simulator). Target is seen and valid (that took a while to sort) but can't get anything successfully running.

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lrtlhelper

Pete

Borja Serrano

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 11:31 AM   in response to: Peter Gates in response to: Peter Gates
Ensure that $(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\Release appears in the library path for Android apps (Tools-Options->Delphi->Library paths and selected platform=Android).

If it didn't work try to open the IDE with the option -rfoo (more info at http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597)
Chester Wilson

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 1:43 PM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Borja Serrano wrote:
Ensure that $(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\Release appears in the library path for Android apps (Tools-Options->Delphi->Library paths and selected platform=Android).

If it didn't work try to open the IDE with the option -rfoo (more info at http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597)

Thanks, Borja. The -rfoo worked. When the new Godzilla comes out, does that mean that the problem should go away with a fresh instal?
(Fortunately on Android I have no other packages etc installed, so losing all of them was not a disaster!)
Erik.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02