Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: debugging a vcl application and watching the output window progress

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Feb 14, 2017 4:22 AM Last Post By: Jan Dijkstra Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Harry Kloppert

debugging a vcl application and watching the output window progress  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 18, 2017 7:59 AM
It's a wonderful feature to step thru your code and hover the mouse over the output window in the task bar. It shows a very small version of your output window, however if you move the mouse over this small version it becomes large and allows you to inspect the progress of the output.
That works fine on my Windows 7 machine w/ XE6 and 10.1 Berlin C++ Builder
However, on the Windows 10 machine with the same RAD-setup, the small output window as described above never gets large thus not allowing me to watch the progress of the output...
Has anybody the same problem?
Harry
John MacDonald

Re: debugging a vcl application and watching the output window progress  
  Posted: Feb 1, 2017 8:22 PM   in response to: Harry Kloppert in response to: Harry Kloppert
Hello Harry

If you have the resources, I suggest you get a second monitor.

I debug on one screen and run on the other. It works wonderful even on windows 10

Good luck

Harry Kloppert wrote:
It's a wonderful feature to step thru your code and hover the mouse over the output window in the task bar. It shows a very small version of your output window, however if you move the mouse over this small version it becomes large and allows you to inspect the progress of the output.
That works fine on my Windows 7 machine w/ XE6 and 10.1 Berlin C++ Builder
However, on the Windows 10 machine with the same RAD-setup, the small output window as described above never gets large thus not allowing me to watch the progress of the output...
Has anybody the same problem?
Harry

--
JMAC out
Harry Kloppert

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 4:14 AM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
That's a good proposal. Thanks. How do you configure the IDE that the output is always on the 2nd screen?
I think it's the Windows 10 behavior, because Windows 7 does it nicely.
Harry
Jan Dijkstra

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 4:21 AM   in response to: Harry Kloppert in response to: Harry Kloppert
Harry Kloppert wrote:
That's a good proposal. Thanks. How do you configure the IDE that the output is always on the 2nd screen?
I think it's the Windows 10 behavior, because Windows 7 does it nicely.
Harry

I have my debug desktop configured as classic undocked. Then you can position every IDE window where you like it. I have placed all the IDE windows on the second monitor, so I can debug the program's output in it's original habitat.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02