Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TFDMongoQuery: Change to nested data set is not counted as a change

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0
Maxim Andersen

TFDMongoQuery: Change to nested data set is not counted as a change  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 8, 2017 1:10 PM
While working with FireDAC mongodb examples in C++ Builder (Berlin) I have discovered a problem. When running an example in \CPP\Database\FireDAC\Samples\DBMS Specific\MongoDB\DataSet I realised that when one performs a value edit inside the child/detals dataset of the master FDMongoQuery (which inherit's *TFDDataSet*) then this edit is not counted inside an change cache so ChangeCount property of the master is not incremented. The annoying consequence of this is the fact that when issuing ApplyUpdates on the mongo query object, the changes done to the nested data sets are ignored and nothing is written back to MongoDB. In other words when editing inside the two smaller DBGrids (which in the above example corespond to Restaurant Coordinates and +Restaurant Grades+) on the form and pressing Save Restaurants nothig is written to the DB and when pressing Fetch Restaurants the edits are overwritten with old values.

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02