Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Find in Files Stunted

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Jan 31, 2017 8:52 AM Last Post By: Asger Joergensen
Roger Alcindor

Find in Files Stunted  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 30, 2017 4:11 PM
I have a recent installation of C++ Builder XE10.1 Berlin Update2 Enterprise Anniversary Edition (November 2016)
In the IDE, if I select Search | Find in Files, the Find in files dialogue is displayed with the bottom part of the display missing (the push-buttons and everything below the "display results in separate tab" checkbox.
I am using windows 7 professional 64 bit. The screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. the hardware is a Dell 7710 Mobile workstation. I am unable to increase the vertical or horizontal size of the dialogue to reveal the hidden content.
This is only resolved if I select a custom text size (DPI) of 150 (currently 125 )from the settings in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display which defeats the point of having a high resolution screen.

Can anyone suggest a solution please ?
Asger Joergensen

Re: Find in Files Stunted  
  Posted: Jan 30, 2017 4:39 PM   in response to: Roger Alcindor in response to: Roger Alcindor
Hi Roger

Roger Alcindor wrote:

I have a recent installation of C++ Builder XE10.1 Berlin Update2 Enterprise Anniversary Edition (November 2016)
In the IDE, if I select Search | Find in Files, the Find in files dialogue is displayed with the bottom part of the display missing (the push-buttons and everything below the "display results in separate tab" checkbox.
I am using windows 7 professional 64 bit. The screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. the hardware is a Dell 7710 Mobile workstation. I am unable to increase the vertical or horizontal size of the dialogue to reveal the hidden content.
This is only resolved if I select a custom text size (DPI) of 150 (currently 125 )from the settings in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display which defeats the point of having a high resolution screen.

Thats an already reported bug in the IDE, please vote:
https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-15175?jql=text%20~%20%22find%20in%20files%22

Usually you can just hit enter and the search will start.

Best regards
Asger
Roger Alcindor

Posted: Jan 31, 2017 8:16 AM   in response to: Asger Joergensen in response to: Asger Joergensen
Asger Joergensen wrote:
Hi Roger

Roger Alcindor wrote:

Thats an already reported bug in the IDE, please vote:
https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-15175?jql=text%20~%20%22find%20in%20files%22

Usually you can just hit enter and the search will start.

Best regards
Asger
What is meant by "please vote".
I clicked on the link but was not able to get any further as apparently I wasn't logged in (when I was logged in to read your reply in the forum). trying to login to the quality forum with my EDN user name and password was not successful ??
You are correct, the search is performed when the enter key is hit.
I guess there's not more that can be done. Thanks for your help,

Roger
Asger Joergensen

Posted: Jan 31, 2017 8:52 AM   in response to: Roger Alcindor in response to: Roger Alcindor
Hi Roger

Roger Alcindor wrote:

What is meant by "please vote".

when you succeed logging in to the QC You can vote for the bugs you
would like to see fixed.

I clicked on the link but was not able to get any further as
apparently I wasn't logged in (when I was logged in to read your
reply in the forum). trying to login to the quality forum with my
EDN user name and password was not successful ??

I also had a lot of trouble logging into QC, because I used my email
and password, which works at forum and the old QC, but not on the new
QC, there it must be the username.

Best regards
Asger
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02