Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: C++ Many components missing after installation of 14.1.15

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jan 30, 2017 1:13 AM Last Post By: Matthias Letzel
Matthias Letzel

C++ Many components missing after installation of 14.1.15
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 26, 2017 7:24 AM
After removing the bundled version of Intraweb I installed Version 14.1.15 (after using the Removal Tool). I Delphi I find all components of IW but not in C++. There I just find 3 components in the IW Standard category.
Is this an installation bug? Has anyone observed this too? How can I get the components in C++ too?
Any help is appreciated.
Matthias

Edited by: Matthias Letzel on Jan 26, 2017 4:26 PM
Alexandre Machado

Re: C++ Many components missing after installation of 14.1.15
  Posted: Jan 30, 2017 12:40 AM   in response to: Matthias Letzel in response to: Matthias Letzel
Matthias Letzel wrote:
After removing the bundled version of Intraweb I installed Version 14.1.15 (after using the Removal Tool). I Delphi I find all components of IW but not in C++. There I just find 3 components in the IW Standard category.
Is this an installation bug? Has anyone observed this too? How can I get the components in C++ too?
Any help is appreciated.
Matthias

I believe you are refering to 14.1.5 version (not .15) correct? There is no known bug regarding to component registration. The same registration unit/procedure is used for both Delphi and C++.

- When you say that there are only 3 components, which components are these? Besides that, what kind of container do you have active in the IDE (is it a IWForm, ServerController, UserSession, DataModule)? Depending on the type of container, IDE pallete will show you a different set of compatible components.

If you actually can't find all components, I suggest you to do the following:
- Close RAD Studio IDE
- Find all IntraWeb*.bpl and dclIntraWeb*.bpl files in your computer and delete them manually
- Reinstall IW 14.1.5 using the installation program
Matthias Letzel

Re: C++ Many components missing after installation of 14.1.15
  Posted: Jan 30, 2017 1:13 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Matthias Letzel wrote:
Any help is appreciated.
Matthias

I believe you are refering to 14.1.5 version (not .15) correct? There is no known bug regarding to component registration. The same registration unit/procedure is used for both Delphi and C++.

- When you say that there are only 3 components, which components are these? Besides that, what kind of container do you have active in the IDE (is it a IWForm, ServerController, UserSession, DataModule)? Depending on the type of container, IDE pallete will show you a different set of compatible components.

If you actually can't find all components, I suggest you to do the following:
- Close RAD Studio IDE
- Find all IntraWeb*.bpl and dclIntraWeb*.bpl files in your computer and delete them manually
- Reinstall IW 14.1.5 using the installation program

I am referring to the actual and latest version of Intraweb which is in deed 14.1.15!

Problem is solved!

Maybe this was a registration issue of Intraweb in the beginning after installation. I can now use Delphi or C++ IWForm: In both I now find all the components as it should be.

Thank you!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02