Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Intraweb as Windows Service convert to 'zero' all numeric characters

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Jan 22, 2017 11:10 PM Last Post By: Alexandre Machado
quantax shield

Intraweb as Windows Service convert to 'zero' all numeric characters
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 18, 2017 12:46 AM
Hi Guys,
we're finding in front of a really strange problem. If we run intraweb standalone everything it works ok, but if we run as a windows service, it happens that all the numerical values ​​that we pass from html to intraweb, are converted to zero (html to intraweb value is correct. Then intraweb convert the value to zero. If the html value is greater than 10000000 works). Might be some windows Settings? Because if we launch the service on another server, working properly.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by: quantax shield on Jan 18, 2017 12:49 AM
Daniel Fields

Re: Intraweb as Windows Service convert to 'zero' all numeric characters
  Posted: Jan 18, 2017 12:57 AM   in response to: quantax shield in response to: quantax shield
I cannot think of anything that I have ever had to change in my code when going from standalone to service. Please be more specific.

1. Are you testing standalone versus service on the same machine?

2. What do you mean by "pass from html to Intraweb"? Are you passing them as parameters to the application? Reading them from edits?

3. What do you mean by "html value greater than 10000000"?
quantax shield

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 1:08 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
Daniel Fields wrote:
I cannot think of anything that I have ever had to change in my code when going from standalone to service. Please be more specific.

2. What do you mean by "pass from html to Intraweb"? Are you passing them as parameters to the application? Reading them from edits?

Thanks for answer.
I've tested the standalone version, then service version on the same machine and as standalone works properly as windows service has a numeric issue.

I pass data to intraweb through executeajaxevent via javascript. So intraweb doesn't read from edit.
Javascript read from edit and launch executeajaxevent with edit value as a parameter

If I type a number eg. (80000000) even if intraweb is set as windows service work properly. If I type 5, 130, 14000, 1,5... convert the value to zero.

It could be a windows privileges settings because the problem is present only if intraweb is set as service and only on one specific machine....
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 11:10 PM   in response to: quantax shield in response to: quantax shield
quantax shield wrote:
Daniel Fields wrote:

Thanks for answer.
I've tested the standalone version, then service version on the same machine and as standalone works properly as windows service has a numeric issue.

I pass data to intraweb through executeajaxevent via javascript. So intraweb doesn't read from edit.
Javascript read from edit and launch executeajaxevent with edit value as a parameter

If I type a number eg. (80000000) even if intraweb is set as windows service work properly. If I type 5, 130, 14000, 1,5... convert the value to zero.

It could be a windows privileges settings because the problem is present only if intraweb is set as service and only on one specific machine....

First of all, which IW/Delphi version are you using?
Can you create a minimal test case showing this issue?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02