Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: incremental linker issues...

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jan 17, 2017 7:50 AM Last Post By: Alan Kamrowski,... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Alan Kamrowski,...

incremental linker issues...
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 17, 2017 7:09 AM
I'm still getting used to the 10.1 Berlin coming from bcb6. It wasn't long ago where it developed a linker problem and I had to modify one of the executables with "30459_lamarker_a_tool_to_set_unset_large_address_aware_bits.ZIP". Then it was working again. Then yesterday while working on a service application I found that just making would cause the service to not work/be start-able. A build would work however. I figured it a service application issue until I worked on another project and found it did the same thing when it worked fine before. The solution was to disable the incremental linker.
Jan Dijkstra

Re: incremental linker issues...
  Posted: Jan 17, 2017 7:42 AM   in response to: Alan Kamrowski,... in response to: Alan Kamrowski,...
As far as I know, it has never worked properly. I had issues with it in Cbuilder 5, and still have issues with it in XE8. As you did, the only solution is to disable it alltogether.
Alan Kamrowski,...

Re: incremental linker issues...
  Posted: Jan 17, 2017 7:50 AM   in response to: Jan Dijkstra in response to: Jan Dijkstra
Thanks Jan!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02