Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Display contents of SQLite table?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jan 15, 2017 12:18 AM Last Post By: Markus Humm
Frank Yingst

Display contents of SQLite table?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 13, 2017 8:42 PM
Is there a tool in the RAD Studio to display the contents of a SQLite table? I can't figure out if I'm writing the data wrong or reading it wrong. I really would like to see the data and go from there.
I did find something called Data Explorer. It asks me for name of connection but does not allow me to input any other info about a connection which seems a bit odd. So maybe I would need to know how to create a connection that the Data Explorer can find. I'll keep looking.
I found a document for version 8 of FireDac. How special! The version I have is 24.
Should FireDAC Explorer show anything under Connection definitions. That area is blank.
Dale Mullins

Re: Display contents of SQLite table?  
  Posted: Jan 14, 2017 7:00 AM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
I use SQLiteStudio (free)

http://sqlitestudio.pl/

The links on this blog post may also be helpful:

https://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/database-application-tools-for-firedac-that-ship-with-our-products-check-them-out

Edited by: Dale Mullins on Jan 14, 2017 10:02 AM
Markus Humm

Re: Display contents of SQLite table? [Edit]  
  Posted: Jan 15, 2017 12:18 AM   in response to: Frank Yingst in response to: Frank Yingst
Am 14.01.2017 um 07:19 schrieb Frank Yingst:
Is there a tool in the RAD Studio to display the contents of a SQLite table? I can't figure out if I'm writing the data wrong or reading it wrong. I really would like to see the data and go from there.
I did find something called Data Explorer. It asks me for name of connection but does not allow me to input any other info about a connection which seems a bit odd. So maybe I would need to know how to create a connection that the Data Explorer can find. I'll keep looking.
I found a document for version 8 of FireDac. How special! The version I have is 24.
Should FireDAC Explorer show anything under Connection definitions. That area is blank.

Delphi includes a small DB explorer. It is a tab of the project manager.
You need to define your database connection and then you can see at
least the first few entries in your DB.

But as said: you need to define a connection there first.

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02