Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: included file does not show up in drop down

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Mar 18, 2017 10:33 PM Last Post By: John MacDonald Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
John MacDonald

included file does not show up in drop down
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 12, 2017 5:41 PM
I am using xe6.

I have included a data module in my source header. The datasets, in fact anything from the included module, does not come up in the drop down of database components.

I expect this is something to do with the new module being created after the original project has been used for many years. Something with created, uses or build order.

Thanks in advance for all help

John
Jan Dijkstra

Re: included file does not show up in drop down
  Posted: Jan 13, 2017 12:19 AM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
John MacDonald wrote:
I am using xe6.

I have included a data module in my source header. The datasets, in fact anything from the included module, does not come up in the drop down of database components.

I expect this is something to do with the new module being created after the original project has been used for many years. Something with created, uses or build order.

John

Did you place the #include immediately before, in between or directly after the existing block of #include lines?

The IDE has trouble identifying #include lines that deviate from this, causing all sorts of subtle problems in the IDE itself. The compiler is just fine with it, but the IDE itself is not.

Case in point. When I place a blank line between any two #include lines in a unit module, the structure browser in the IDE drops the first declaration in the unit from it's display.
John MacDonald

Posted: Jan 14, 2017 9:25 AM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
Thanks for the clue I will check this.

I was looking at the order of files in the uses and the various locations of the order of things

John

John MacDonald wrote:

I am using xe6.

John

--
JMAC out
John MacDonald

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 10:33 PM   in response to: John MacDonald in response to: John MacDonald
When using connections that go through firedac the information for the IDE is not always available in a datamodule.

The last couple of times that this happened, I simply picked one of the databases in the module and set the active to true.

All of a sudden it shows up just fine...

I hope this helps others.

John

John MacDonald wrote:
I am using xe6.

John

--
JMAC out
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02